Forums > MaxMSP

Missing objects in DSP Status window with stand-alone application


Oct 23 2008 | 9:24 am

I have a strange problem with the DSP status window when I build an
application from a patch with Max 5.0.5.

The window appears using the "open" message but it doesn’t look
right : obviously most objects used by the window aren’t found, apart
from comments, toggles and number boxes. Panels, textbuttons and
umenus aren’t displayed, I just can read the object’s names.

What should I do?

Roald Baudoux

Oct 23 2008 | 10:28 am

On 23 oct. 08, at 11:24, Roald Baudoux wrote:

> I have a strange problem with the DSP status window when I build an
> application from a patch with Max 5.0.5.
>
> The window appears using the "open" message but it doesn’t look
> right : obviously most objects used by the window aren’t found,
> apart from comments, toggles and number boxes. Panels, textbuttons
> and umenus aren’t displayed, I just can read the object’s names.
>
> What should I do?

In your patch, instantiate a "DSP Status" abstraction, then all the
required object will be included.

Best,
ej

Oct 23 2008 | 10:37 am

Look, Emanual Jorden, you and I both know that’s not true. Why not tell him the real way to fix the problem?

Oct 23 2008 | 11:07 am

On 23 oct. 08, at 12:37, vuxivl wrote:

> Look, Emanual Jorden, you and I both know that’s not true. Why not
> tell him the real way to fix the problem?

Look, learn how to use copy and paste, that way you’ll be able to
spell my name properly. Then, if the solution provided doesn’t work
for you, feel free to send detailed information and we will help you
to get this sorted out. I just tried it again, and it works fine on my
MacBook Pro with 5.0.5 (OS 10.5.5).

ej

Nov 05 2008 | 2:07 pm

Nov 06 2008 | 4:05 pm

vuxivil, just out of curiosity: what would be the "real" way to fix this problem?

jrp

Nov 06 2008 | 6:40 pm

Dunno what v-whatever (too lazy for C&P tonight) thought was the "right" way, but one (heavy-handed) thing I’ve sometimes done was to manually copy the entire Max externals sub-directory into the Bundle support folder.

Yes, this is super-kludgy heavy-handed, but at 3:00 am and something’s not working and this fixes it, it’s good enough.

I think a better way is when you’re in the Collective Editor dialog, click on the Patcher… button and navigate to the DSP Status.{pat|maxpat} patcher in patches/editors/ to include it in the build… that ought to do the trick.

I’ve not done Collectives for a while, so I’m a bit out on a limb with this advice. But I think the latter is pretty much what the Collectives topic advises.

Nov 06 2008 | 7:44 pm

On 6 nov. 08, at 19:40, Peter Castine wrote:

>
> Dunno what v-whatever (too lazy for C&P tonight) thought was the
> "right" way, but one (heavy-handed) thing I’ve sometimes done was to
> manually copy the entire Max externals sub-directory into the Bundle
> support folder.
>
> Yes, this is super-kludgy heavy-handed, but at 3:00 am and
> something’s not working and this fixes it, it’s good enough.
>
> I think a better way is when you’re in the Collective Editor dialog,
> click on the Patcher… button and navigate to the DSP Status.
> {pat|maxpat} patcher in patches/editors/ to include it in the
> build… that ought to do the trick.
>
> I’ve not done Collectives for a while, so I’m a bit out on a limb
> with this advice. But I think the latter is pretty much what the
> Collectives topic advises.

I really suggest have somewhere in the patch an abstraction called
"DSP Status" (you need the quotes because there’s a space in the file
name). That way you won’t have to do anything specific each time but
building the standalone.

my 0.02.
ej

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums > MaxMSP