I’ve released csound~ v1.0. You can get it here:
Most significant changes:
– New version numbering system.
– Improved manual and installation instructions.
– Demo file "csound~.help" can be used as MaxMSP help patch.
– Can now run properly from secondary/external drives.
– Can record/play/save/load MIDI, "control", "event" data.
– Added "overdrive" message to enable immediate output from
outvalue outlet (as opposed to output every 50ms).
Some things to think about concerning Csound 5.05:
– (MaxOSX) Csound5.05 hasn’t been tested with csound~ v1.0.
csound~ v1.0.1 is up at:
Here’s an excerpt from CHANGES.TXT:
-> Fixed hanging problem when attempting to read a sequence file
that doesn’t exist.
-> Fixed memory corruption when unable to allocate more memory during
recording or reading/writing a sequence file.
I am confused. The new version has only PPC for Max 4.6. I have another
csound~ created 11/5/06 that works on Intel. The PPC is 37K and the other
one is 75K. Are they from different developers?
On 3/12/07 12:12 AM, "Davis Pyon"
> csound~ v1.0.1 is up at:
> Here’s an excerpt from CHANGES.TXT:
> -> Fixed hanging problem when attempting to read a sequence file
> that doesn’t exist.
> -> Fixed memory corruption when unable to allocate more memory during
> recording or reading/writing a sequence file.
Gary Lee Nelson
Versions 1.0 and later don’t include Intel versions yet. An Intel version was released late last year (along with an Intel version of Csound5). It was compiled by someone else because I don’t own a MacIntel. Unfortunately, many people had problems and I’ve been way too busy to spend much time trying to figure it out.
But don’t lose hope. I’m getting a MacIntel soon and getting csound~ working on it will be a top priority for me. Sorry for the confusion.
Forums > MaxMSP