After reading the tutorials and a few of the different threads on this topic I am still unsure of the best method and exactly how it works for the patch I’m building. I am hoping someone can help me out :)
My project: dca’s for a console (dca= digitally controlled amplifier)
- i have one patch window which will contain an arbitrary (and unknown) number of abstractions (I will call it abst) which contain an argument to make them unique.
- abst’s are created by the user by pressing a button (a simple thispatch script)
- Within each abst there are 48 other abstractions (abst). Each abst has 2 arguments: the same argument of the abst it belongs to and a number from 1-48.
- there is user defined data to be stored in each abst, abst and the main patch.
- I need a global way to save all the info to disk (presumably pattrstorage).
- when a file is opened it needs to re-create all the abst’s that the user created in the saved file, restore all the data within the abst AND all the data within each abst.
So I can easily send the data from the abst’s into its parent abst. But I’m not sure how to do the recreating each abst and all its data within a pattrstorage. Would the best think be using a jit.cellblock or something within the main patcher to collect all the data and have the pattrstorage deal with saving that?
Any and all suggestions are extremely welcome!
Thanks in advance :)