Problem on auto reset to default audio device
I have a problem that sometimes my choice of audio device reset to default (ad_mme) by itself.
I am using a firewire audio interface, Focusrite Saffire, on a PC, with Max 4.6.3
Everything is fine that I can choose the driver in DSP Status and using the device and finish composing my patch. However, when I reboot my PC and sometimes (not always) the DSP Status reset to ad_mme, and of course my patch won’t work anymore.
Of course I can manually change it back, but it is not going to be possible when I need to run it in runtime later.
Therefore, any way I can enforce a use of an audio device use ";max" or some other message ?
I have the same problem.Derek
> Of course I can manually change it back, but it is not going to be
> possible when I need to run it in runtime later.
If you place the patch below into your runtime, it will, and with the
delay it might even choose the correct driver on start. (Will of course
only work with the same interface once you saved it…)
Btw. the DSP status window is a normal Max patch, which will run in a
runtime as well. You just haven’t got the menu to open it…
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 643.3ocuVszbaCBD9r7uBFNq3Aza2ao8dOzoSuzjoCVr0lNRfGIThcyj+6Eg dXqXmX0HGeQncYWX+9XWVdZlCdoZKThQeB8SjiySybbrppU3zJ6fyYaSyXkV yvop7bPpwtMyogs5F8qUpR.sSUUf3EhGfBDSxQkrG.jdMf1vzoq67JSHgTUk z5pWqxeqjZIKGrK2OfBNSx5bv5sPt5WEPptIb8h7mSbQz3lgPR8fuQ.c+AKX o3u1EjRMS2nVVkKjYf1hGZqRA2tspk+4FJAu2RUktyTRsxmmMq9i6HYKI7nY IOhr1T.afZ1YW9RUF98Q.gAVfGEZGHV76QN.+Mwtd2FnwALdpTSxoYF56fYx gxR1J3Hp4KpB31JtPgtC+4JQl9FgDYUbGdZDUfmcHoIeI4xQTdGSTwWNh5UR gxTL9Rlb0j3jjE0eiBNepicqlZ5SvGNqvgL1NTHgPlVtBMZzEU++LyIxW7ub LSk454pSh9aKDrr2F6dQd99wFjuHZdBgrvOv7ue34YAQcKASgi6aT7DtHjlD 2AdMj213A+UkDp8zs9S+E.0BCuAn2FiCeCXYeWju2OF2.kGEEv98uN9Z2idc mKG0+Ut82+xkjx3kZltprsO4TOq77RlGPHAQl+ShGQW.2liqQcLc1DW5ooKu CnK6FY64+hWZXwUs9gbXo4MDocQa2YBh1GubnTKjLsPIOvn3A1rVv4fc5tRv bAeixf61Xf5QmG2yf1VCdMcHFJQ8iZTFOOrUBc+IyEFKZLMQQjy.FKhIiGMS LjhGQHkbUiH+QDQwW0HJXLGaWWNhLlPhdciI5GP1s4k98kpg1mu4ae3x.A5B a85A1Z0L.OFgmm8O0iC.cB -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Hi, i have a similiar problem, but my audio interface (m-audio fasttrackpro) has the driver "CoreAudio" just as the built-in-output as well, but then i have to select the "Output Device" to "FastTrackPro". I didn’t find the possibility to use "adstatus" with the "output device" tab though…
ah no, it still selects the "built in output", even if i write the correct output into it… (f.e. ol.autosetad "CoreAudio Soundflower (2ch)" "CoreAudio Built-in Output")
but now i found a solution just modyfying the audio status window and save it under another patcher name….
Forums > MaxMSP