Forums > Max For Live

Recording Clip automation

January 29, 2012 | 6:29 pm

Hi Guys.

Is it possible to create or edit automation envelope data for a parameter of a plugin on an audio or midi track?

I’d like to be able to select a parameter, select a midi controller knob, then record the movement of that knob straight into the envelope data for that parameter.

This goes someway towards solving the problem but is only available on midi clips, and it’d be great to directly edit the data for a parameter rather than for a midi cc.

January 29, 2012 | 8:48 pm

MrBoni: afaik this would require custom solution with dict and metro/transport

January 30, 2012 | 6:30 pm

Thanks Jamesson

So the only pattern data that can be read/written to in a live midi clip is the notes?

Is a shame as midi clips are the perfect way to store sequence info. It seems a little daft to have to build a closed patch specific store/recall system for sequence data when it could all just go in a load of midi clips.

And what is dict? A quick google search didnt turn anything up.

February 1, 2012 | 10:31 am

Hey, I’ve just finish a device that will interest you and I was about to create a new post with the same title as yours… So,

I’ve made a M4L device to workaround this infamous Live’s limitation.
It has 8 knobs, macro style. So far it works well for me, so I thought I’d share it.
Details and download

February 1, 2012 | 10:49 am

1. Image9.png

February 3, 2012 | 4:25 pm

I’ve post a new version of my ClipAutomation. It’s the same one but with the addition of a encoders LED feedback function. (Mac only)

Download and details

February 3, 2012 | 7:48 pm

Hey Crampe

Thanks for sharing this!

Looks great. I’ll check it out and get back to you

February 10, 2012 | 2:04 pm

I’ve updated the 2 ClipAutomation devices. There was a little error which could cause the device to respond to unwanted CC messages ?! Now it’s not a problem anymore. Download links are still the same.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums > Max For Live