Max/MSP Beginner Workshop
taught by Matthew Ganucheau
$200 per person
Sundays April 2 – 23,
7 pm – 9 pm
Max/MSP is a graphical programming environment, where you create your
own software using a visual toolkit of objects, and connect them
together with patch cords. This introductory course includes MIDI,
alternative controllers, user interfaces, and timing objects, as well
as controlling audio samples and hard disk recording with MSP. This
is an introductory course, and no prior experience with MAX/MSP or
computer programing is required.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Navigating the Max/MSP user interface
- Handling MIDI Data
- Making a performance Environment
- Using Alternate Controllers (Joysticks, Dance-pads, Photosensors)
- Signals and basic signal processing
- Basic Synthesis
- External objects and sub patches
- Using VST plugins.
- Saving as a standalone.
- Designing an Interface.
Registering for this course will make you eligible for the max/msp
student discount. Other discounts will be included as well.