1) a square sprite of height x at the center of the lcd
2) a rectangular sprite of width x and height (1/2 lcd height – x)at top and bottom edges of the square
3) a rectangular sprite of height x and width (1/2 lcd width – x)at left and right edges of the square
4) A rectangular sprite of height equal to the lcd and width x at the left and right edges of the lcd
5) a rectanglular sprite of width equal to the lcd and height equal to x at the top and bottom of the lcd
x is equal in all cases and should come from a num or other ui.
Note that only one side needs to appear concurrently – ie if the half-rectangle is drawn on the right of the square, then only the vertical rectangle will be drawn on the right. However, everything needs to be a separate sprite to enable conditionals.
I have a few solutions but am looking to see if there was a more efficient one that I missed.