Standalone Application under 5.0.6 (mac)
I’ve sent my standalone to a bunch of friends (also mac), none have been able to open it (nothing happens at all).
after having followed the instructions taken from this forum, I’ve managed to relieve my max window from failure notes (concerning jit.gl.shader & jit.openexr in my case), BEFORE letting my friends try it out, that is:
–Build your application without including any shaders or frameworks in
the build script.
–Go to your application and select Show Package Contents.
–Copy Cg.Framework from /Cycling ’74/jitter-externals to application/Frameworks/ folder
–Copy shader files into application/support/ folder
–Be sure to also include any shader files that the included shaders depend on. For example, many of the included image-processing shaders rely on one of the "passthru" vertex shader programs that reside in jitter-shaders/shared/
–include the jit.openexr.mxo external in your support folder as well
so there seems to be no problem.
what else could I have missed on?
here he is, for test purpose, webcam autostart (51MB as an app, the fella):
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 545.3ocyV9sbiBBEF+Z8ofgqcc.Ti5d29bzoSGTYszUAqRlj1N8ceEPSraSa z7uYugL9IBemeb3bxatNvL4VVGD7Svc.Gm2bcbLRZAmgmcf0zs4UzNyzfB1F Y1SPO6qTrsJib1nxukBUG+UlVES7QCxh00bQESYVD7dQ4Z0nJYPsgpxejKJe nkkqrVCmF1uRffHyHwOxCPP9Hv8CehcUTuzvryGlQEkPuge2MMs2DzZyjf+p kSqFcMuvn0GY+HBpkd20UO3cdTofUABPHzRfC4fvA+0vgXwRRfdLJVONC3rL njbJPQIKKqXv4mAb7fDanlI9NVTxEp8A4jPI9TBkZVWGsj8oCXYCSbUObGx7 wgolTeyoKN46h6EdxFdAS2qjzB6MuysVvLHBVOtBcUR2IWPn7bMS0J6KCbPp f8iRivIwWxJACIKqBtJrIM3BBmm3J+mU9kszr955H.Ib4XZwcSFwjshIFMCN 06yGpopV9VcWkkRrSpkhFMMa3hB4lusDZSKqiITTEWJldMIxToLDaaYZumDN MHWJuH3vubsxn4+orUtVTL0Zet1zGf2TmO8ylhtUSQm4KgUbw+9WVLlVq+Qd 1IW2lOt21d68m261+BVmhK1s82M1pyCrOvdjWTvLudr5UMunQ12bYvBf6O3Y 6RbD5HNJ7l5HxLbTzM0QoyAR8YJ2TOELGOca4T7brTvM0Rg++QojYXo3yvQ8 O7t6eEqNQzA -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Just curious, did you share it as a .zip or .dmg?
ehm, as an .app
built the application & sent it.. not a good idea?
Dave raises a good question. Did you send it via the Internet as an app? If so, the file handler on the recipient’s computer may have not known what to do with it and rendered it unusable. If you are sending it via the Internet, compress it into a zip or dmg as Dave mentions.
of course.. in this case I used dropbox, of which I don’t know how it would deal with an app like this
I’ll give it a try. thanks for the notice!
Hi, just to confirm, under 5.0.5, a runtime patch opens native objects and ui as [bogus] on my friend’s computer.
But works fine with latest runtime.
you must zip your application before sending it with dropbox (dropbox do not preserves application’s ressource fork)
(maybe lattest dropbox beta 0.8.x has solved this problem… not sure.. last time I tried, Max standalone in a shared folder used to crash on launch)
thanks a bunch.. just dropped it off, waiting for friends’ responses.
you were right with your assumption.. works fine once offered to others in a compressed version. (and again, I’m one bit smarter than yesterday)
Forums > MaxMSP