Forums > MaxMSP

[standalone] is still broken on my brand new and very expensive MacBook Pro

Dec 12 2006 | 9:02 pm

This is odd. I’ve been getting

* error: standalone: No such object

for a while under MaxMSP 4.6 on my old biscuit-tin Titanium G4, and
David Z. and I, after some messing around with bundles, resources,
plists and stuff, concluded that it was something odd to do with the
system on the machine.

I’ve just installed a brand new download of MaxMSP 4.6 on my brand
new MacBook Pro, and it’s still happening. I can’t even create a new
patcher and type in a ‘standalone’ object.

To paraphrase the song from Carousel: I’ll never standalone.

— N.

Dec 14 2006 | 8:05 am

On 12 Dec 2006, at 21:02, Nick Rothwell wrote:

> * error: standalone: No such object

And, thanks to f.e. @ personalcomputermusic, I identified the
embarrassing cause: an ancient standalone.txt in the search path.

Pass the sauce de menthe…

— N.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums > MaxMSP