tiger/m-audio sound card issue
are there any m-audio sound card users out there who have managed to
get the adc~ to work?
i’m having the no input issue with both the MobilePre and Firewire
410 cards. all the software is current as far as i can tell:
m-audio firewire driver 1.7.1
I am using 10.4.6 + Firewire410. Recently I updated my M-audio Firewire driver to the latest 1.71, but it works strangely. When I change the volume from computer keyboard, the response time is extremely long.
Besides, the M-audio uninstaller stop working on my machine, I have to delete all the M-audio related files in the library and reinstall.
Now it works fine after I change back to previous driver verion 1.6.
Just tested my FW 410 (only bought it recently) and it’s working fine with
the same software versions as you.
I have noticed that sometimes it’s not available as an audio device, but a
reboot usually fixes it. But this is a small price to pay compared to the
awful blasts of white noise I used to get at random from the MBox I had
Dare I say it – even Pro Tools seems to behave better with the M-Audio
All I can suggest is reinstalling the drivers – I had some problems after
the initial install that went away after reinstalling,
On May 3, 2006, at 3:30 PM, Roger Carruthers wrote:
> All I can suggest is reinstalling the drivers – I had some problems
> the initial install that went away after reinstalling,
while i haven’t tested the fw410 with max specifically, i have had
with the m-audio drivers. i found that the newest version of the
generally buggy, and the problems were corrected when i stepped back
a version. this could of course been due to just installing the
driver a second
time. i believe m-audio drivers come with an uninstaller, which i
you run before upgrading. try uninstalling and reinstalling the
and if that doesn’t work drop back a version, uninstall and install
and see what
happens. my fw410 works flawlessly for me in tiger 10.4.5. i have
1.2 – there might be an extra number on the end, which i can’t get
right now as
i don’t have the fw410 connected.
"Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."
Philip K. Dick
buggy, indeed. after three re-boots (over 3 days), the device now
shows up in the dsp preferences. i did nothing to cause this: no
uninstall, no reinstall, no nothin’. just occasional reboots.
thanks for the feedback.
great! all those reinstalls and uninstalls and i all i needed to do
was to reboot a few times! ;-)
glad it settled down for you.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away."
Philip K. Dick
Forums > MaxMSP