two sfplay~ loop 1 phasing??
I have a Cubase project which is in 2/4 at 100 bpm.
I export two click track loops: one is 1 measure long, i.e. 1200 ms, and the other is 8 measures long, i.e. 9600 ms.
I open these two stereo 44100Hz 16 bits wav files in two sfplay~ and sfinfo~.
sfinfo~ tells me the first one is 1200 ms long and the second is 9600 ms long.
When I send a signal 1 in both sfplay~, both loops begin playing together.
But after 5 minutes they get out of sync…
How is it possible? Am I becoming crazy?
I have a MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 running Mac OSX 10.7.5 and Max 6.0.7
I have an I/O and signal vector size of 128, sampling rate is 44100Hz, scheduler is in overdrive, in Audio Interrupt off, and vector optimization on.
Thanks for your help, I really don’t understand this.
I’m not sure whether sfplay~’s looping is sample accurate or not. You could test this by creating a 2 sample long file in audacity with two different values and seeing what happens when you loop it.
If you want sample accurate looping, I’d recommend the buffer~ based playback objects, as I know for sure that those can do it. (groove~, rate~ and wave~ should get you there)
I have 25 loops to play at the same time, if I use buffer~ I wonder if it’s not gonna too much for my memory
OK it’s good to know:
sfplay~ is not sample accurate and is not good to deal with loops and regular tempos.
better using buffer~
I wish somebody told me this months ago…
10 megs for 1 minute of 16-bit stereo audio; chances are you’ll be just fine on RAM, unless your files are gigantic.
Is there a way to monitor the RAM?
I know there is the DSP CPU Monitor, but is there an equivalent for the RAM?
i did this waaay back with the help of the shell external.
so get the shell external and try this:
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 420.3ocyT98aaBCDG+Y3uhSVSpaRjTroDf0+FPZOsWVplbfqAuA1QXmlz00+ 2msAVaSSUSWeYuvg+d+P28gybWX.YkZOpIvmguAAA2EFD3kbBAimCHc78Usb sOLRGp070HIZvmA2a75XUiBlgvRh7Cezn1.yZAJ7afu6mvYm+kla0kX24mc4 mjKISIKp8opV8iYrzIwqURij2gdWeE6q4R9jO0VSKZL2tAGZYBAt5QooE+x6 fxlGOJK21Ij1b7MO6AwgJ4Uoipa3lpFgb826wJyP8o4w1JArjASVtyPKlGCW 4x49vP2in2I5VRrbSNhHa+bQQdIrSzi0QPRVVZIvqLhavHXQwhRPHmNlVjEW Ba0t.YLl88q6Qb9wIbx+m.l4IaQhyjtH6cAXItyNoOiu5Frs8HDg9uQjHfrh KW+1HC8njg85qdooNSheyiQO.L9VfzJjGdG1WPm9SokVssuZZPlt1Aw+cRpQ swtdYDJ4iBh9jXZD00n28zf1Ip2nDRyXO7Be5N0VhdBcjcW19ykStin4EySs 3K+BGEyRd3zAzL79v+.7+Bi3 -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
hope it helps (tested with max 5.19 on mac osx 10.8.2)
I’ve ended up with the buffer~ and groove~ solution. Much more accurate.
I have no idea what is the shell external but thanks anyways.
Forums > MaxMSP