Forums > MaxMSP

Welcome to the Cycling ’74 forums!

November 18, 2011 | 8:59 pm

Please take a moment to review this Q&A.

How do I get started?
• Create an account
• Before posting a question, search the forum archives and product documentation first.
• Add an icon to your username by visiting

How do I sign up for notifications and feeds?
• If you want to subscribe to an RSS feed, look for the RSS icon at the top of the main forum pages.
• If you want to get system notifications, at the bottom of all the forum pages and posts, check the "Notify me of follow-up replies via email" box. Or subscribe to a topic by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE" link at the top right side of the topic. You will receive any new topic replies via email.
• By clicking the "FAVORITE" link at the top right side of the topic, it will act like a bookmark and can be viewed/shared with other users on the site.

If I have a problem, what information should I post?
• Post your patch. (Try and edit your patch so that it just includes the problem area.)
• Place comments in your patch to illustrate what should happen and what does happen.
• Include instructions on how to operate your patch to get the errant behavior.
• If using Max 5 (or newer), use Copy Compressed to copy your patch into your forum post. Watch this short video for instructions:
Please note: If you have trouble posting a new topic with a copy-compressed patch in it, an alternative method is attaching a zip file of your patch to your topic. If you have trouble with either posting or attaching to a post, please send us details.

What kind of HTML code may I use?
• Above the reply box on any topic, there is a list of HTML tags for your use.

How do I open those compressed or condensed patches?
• Watch this short video for instructions:

How do I share a finished project or tool made with Max?
• Reach a wide audience by adding it to the Projects or Toolbox on this website After it’s published, it will appear in the "Misc" forum. Also, it will appear on your "author" page and a number of tools/projects will be appear under your personal icon/gravatar.

Projects and Tools are fed into the Cycling ’74 social media streams and are also featured on

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums > MaxMSP