xbendin not working at all
I have a university assignment where the use of xbendin is preferential over bendin. Bendin works as expected outputting values. Xbendin however is not.
It doesn’t even output values in the example patch from the help file/tutorial.
Is this a known issue, is there something iffy with my setup, or have I just missed something?
I have checked everything I can think of, and found nothing relevant searching the forums.
I am using Max version 6.0.7
post a patch, that’s the only way anyone can help really
this very simple patch does not work.
If you want it I can add my assignment too.
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 390.3ocuTssaBBDD8Y3qXy9L0vUasu0uiFiYAlpqAFHKqVZM9uW1AvpMJkZr 9xjL6d14blyLvNaKdbQMTwYOydkYYsy1xhNxbfUWtEOWTmjIpHXbbSdLn3Ns W0jIwLPS240c3aEnFE4.g+EkTj0CuTnSVIwkKTPhtkU+ogSbcXyBLwHWSzuI xl28DYJUlh30O3eDqEaz8z5en3pFR0fZAfh3Lhd2t6Zgq+nDZYkKQM2gwiE3 R9AtLBuR9IgwyeR+iKUPEfZgVVfmn7YjxI861EXyMuYussI3LVOEduo+56NM TSLvykoRIdCsZ+mH6MxDC8GxpCOuU6MjcdQa7Zbja8Vl2n2xBt2aY2tEl5X. S+G1XhnE8nfgrMugssKYMicwgvvyj3O+aEoZy4mZWUEaTI8b0oOl2AlRgJsD ounOBSyOXXe2bqjoo.d77MUVYF4TSe9w1eQMt+hZBtapIbDpw6JUS6fSTVtE TUckjDRyF85BkIcpCkJw1TphbErU1i+QaS01a+Uau6n6 -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
it work fine at my end, stupid question but have you double clicked the midiin to select the midi device your using?
That I did yes.
I am going to actually turn off the computer tonight and try again tomorrow. You never know.
Will also try in Max 5 that is still installed on my old laptop.
After all this it will be a dodgy pitch bend on my keyboard, or something to do with the alignment of the planets combined with the colour of the USB cable for a day.
A bit of progress.
All works as expected in Max 5 running on snow leopard.
I have been suffering random crashes with Max 6 and suspected it to be Mountain Lion related. I am going to completely remove max 6 and re-install to see if that makes any difference.
I’m on mountain lion, no problems here. A fresh install can do wonders though!
I’ve had a few days testing now and xbendin is working in Max 6 after a complete removal and re-install.
Unfortunately Max is still crashing, but I have figured it is something to do with poly~ and modified read only edits (or whatever its called). Doing it the old fashioned way won’t cause a crash, anyway, that’s for anther topic.
Thanks for your input.
Forums > MaxMSP