Here's a listing for an academic position that may be of interest:
VIDEO AND MEDIA DESIGNER FOR THEATER AND PERFORMANCE
Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Drama seeks a Video and Media Designer for a tenure track position at the rank of Associate Professor. The candidate should have:
- Significant professional experience in video production and multimedia theater
- A strong working knowledge of current video technical design, including Max/MSP/Jitter
- Strong skills in real-time video playback and operation in a performance context, including knowledge of live video show control systems
- Technical knowledge and theory of Sound Design
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Teaching media design and sound to graduate and undergraduate students in a performance context
- Participation in theater productions and classroom rehearsals
- Production development of video for multimedia theater within classroom and production contexts
- Oversight of video equipment and inventory within the School
- Working with faculty in Directing and Design to create and teach courses on multimedia collaboration in contemporary theater
Prior teaching experience is strongly suggested. Candidates must be committed to continuing professional work.
The position begins in August 2010. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. The search will remain open until a candidate is hired.
Please submit a letter of interest, CV, three references with contact information and at least 5 samples of production work to:
Chair, Video and Media Design Search Committee
Carnegie Mellon University
School of Drama
Purnell Center for the Arts
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
E-mail inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carnegie Mellon University is an AA/EOE employer.
Production samples can also be posted online.