Wacom Tablet slider


    Oct 17 2006 | 7:01 am
    Hey all,
    So I just got a wacom tablet and Im using it with the "older version" wacom object.
    Its sick. I love it.
    But I cant get access to the buttons or the slider.
    Any ideas? HI didnt seem to work...
    Thanks, Joe

    • Oct 17 2006 | 7:38 am
    • Dec 13 2006 | 10:01 am
      Hi all,
      Thought I'll add my wacom related question to this thread.
      I have a patch in which two graphire tablets (the ancient ones, meaning first generation USB)control some movemoent on the screen, focussing on some part of large pictures, zooming in/out (by pressure) and texturing those onto gl.videoplanes.
      The problem is that I can't get rid of the mousepointers. When using just one tablet, and giving the nopointers 1 message there is no problem, but cn't get it working whith two of them
      Any one an idea?
      best regards
      pieter
    • Dec 13 2006 | 7:15 pm
      Hey pieter. :) have you tried the max and jitter messages? "; jitter cursor 0" and "; max hidecursor"
      best, dan
      -----Original Message----- From: pieter coussement Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 03:01:08 Subject: [maxmsp] Re: Wacom Tablet slider
      Hi all,
      Thought I'll add my wacom related question to this thread.
      I have a patch in which two graphire tablets (the ancient ones, meaning first generation USB)control some movemoent on the screen, focussing on some part of large pictures, zooming in/out (by pressure) and texturing those onto gl.videoplanes.
      The problem is that I can't get rid of the mousepointers. When using just one tablet, and giving the nopointers 1 message there is no problem, but cn't get it working whith two of them
      Any one an idea?
      best regards
      pieter
    • Dec 13 2006 | 8:27 pm
      The problem is that I'll need my mouse to control the gl world and can't afford my wacoms taking control
      best (write you soon with some non max related stuff)
      p
      On 13 Dec 2006, at 20:15, Dan Winckler wrote:
      > Hey pieter. :) have you tried the max and jitter messages? "; > jitter cursor 0" and "; max hidecursor" > > best, > dan > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: pieter coussement > Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 03:01:08 > Subject: [maxmsp] Re: Wacom Tablet slider > > > Hi all, > > Thought I'll add my wacom related question to this thread. > > I have a patch in which two graphire tablets (the ancient ones, > meaning first generation USB)control some movemoent on the screen, > focussing on some part of large pictures, zooming in/out (by > pressure) and texturing those onto gl.videoplanes. > > The problem is that I can't get rid of the mousepointers. When > using just one tablet, and giving the nopointers 1 message there is > no problem, but cn't get it working whith two of them > > Any one an idea? > > best regards > > pieter > >
    • Dec 13 2006 | 9:58 pm
      hmmm... maybe try something like this?
      On 12/13/06, pieter coussement wrote: > The problem is that I'll need my mouse to control the gl world > and can't afford my wacoms taking control > > best (write you soon with some non max related stuff) > > p > > > On 13 Dec 2006, at 20:15, Dan Winckler wrote: > > > Hey pieter. :) have you tried the max and jitter messages? "; > > jitter cursor 0" and "; max hidecursor" > > > > best, > > dan > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: pieter coussement > > Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 03:01:08 > > Subject: [maxmsp] Re: Wacom Tablet slider > > > > > > Hi all, > > > > Thought I'll add my wacom related question to this thread. > > > > I have a patch in which two graphire tablets (the ancient ones, > > meaning first generation USB)control some movemoent on the screen, > > focussing on some part of large pictures, zooming in/out (by > > pressure) and texturing those onto gl.videoplanes. > > > > The problem is that I can't get rid of the mousepointers. When > > using just one tablet, and giving the nopointers 1 message there is > > no problem, but cn't get it working whith two of them > > > > Any one an idea? > > > > best regards > > > > pieter > > > > > >
    • Dec 30 2006 | 2:25 am
      Hi. I'm looking to get a Wacom tablet...the Graphire 2 is pretty cheap, but I have no idea how good it is (I want a nice steady stream of numbers without too much, or any - noise). Also - does it work with [hi] or the [wacom] object. Has anyone got one who'd be willing to share some info?
      Thanks
    • Dec 30 2006 | 8:57 am
      Robin,
      the Wacom tablets are excellent input devices - no "noise"/jitter and incredibly high resolution. I believe the high-end ones are 5000x5000 points per inch or something to that effect, so you can divide the space into various control-areas and then make an overlay for it.
      Andreas
      robin foster skrev: > Hi. I'm looking to get a Qacom tablet...the Graphire 2 is pretty cheap, but I have no idea how good it is (I want a nice steady stream of numbers without too much, or any - noise). Also - does it work with [hi] or the [wacom] object. Has anyone got one who'd be willing to share some info? > > Thanks > > . > >
    • Dec 31 2006 | 11:43 am
      not to mention how wonderful it is to draw patch chords with it, and when you get really used to it its a ton faster.. OOh and pressure sensitive.
      I have a little 4x6 one and I use it constantly rather then mouse. Its small but great.. actually I prefer it over the huge ones.. so portable.
    • Dec 31 2006 | 5:24 pm
      I've been using Wacoms for a number of years - I find them very reliable and good to use - the wacom object provides all you need to interface to Max. I find the the multi-button mouse works best for me, rather than the pens - mostly because I find the pens get lost in performance - also because I can use the buttons to switch easily between controlling different things with the tablet. I use an A4 version - they are very light, so even the larger ones can be transported easily - no power supply needed because it powers itself off USB. It is an important gesture controller for me in performance.
      Best
      L
      On 30 Dec 2006, at 02:25, robin foster wrote:
      > > Hi. I'm looking to get a Qacom tablet...the Graphire 2 is pretty > cheap, but I have no idea how good it is (I want a nice steady > stream of numbers without too much, or any - noise). Also - does it > work with [hi] or the [wacom] object. Has anyone got one who'd be > willing to share some info? > > Thanks
      Lawrence Casserley - lawrence@lcasserley.co.uk Lawrence Electronic Operations - www.lcasserley.co.uk Colourscape Music Festivals - www.colourscape.org.uk
    • Oct 11 2012 | 6:05 pm
      I'm having trouble with a patch written for me. The problem is I only get 5 or 6 fps on moving graphics with a pen (2009 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 3.06 GHz, 6MB L1 cache, Nvidia 9400M and 9600GT, SSD). It starts at 30 fps when static and quickly reduces to 5 or 6 when moving the pen across the Wacom surface - either quickly or slowly. The person who wrote this patch (who I've already asked and isn't sure) runs it on his 2012 MacBook with an ADM Radeon 6750 and gets 27 fps.
      Excepting the different processor and card speeds in the MacBooks, can you think of why I don't get 27 fps with my computer? And is there anything I can do to fix this?
      Thanks,
      b
    • Oct 11 2012 | 6:11 pm
      PS: Is there something in the way Wacom sends info to the computer? And is there a better interface for this from Max that will fix the problem?
      b
    • Oct 12 2012 | 2:48 am
      Turn overdrive off? (Options menu.)
      BTW: why resurrect an old thread?
    • Oct 12 2012 | 11:09 am
      OD wasn't / isn't on.
      Happy to make a new thread (i do want the answer) - it's just that a bunch of people who actually use Wacom (including my very busy friend who wrote the patch) are/were here :•))
    • Oct 13 2012 | 3:17 am
      Is there something in the way Wacom sends info to the computer? And is there a better interface for this from Max that will fix the problem?
      _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    • Oct 15 2012 | 3:18 am
      hmmm. I've had the opposite problem... when Jitter started getting intense, my Wacom input was being slowed down.
      Are you using some version of the Wacom object? If so, are you polling with the same (q)metro that drives your video? It's hard to guess without seeing your patch. Max 5?