xgroove~ish Universal Binary object


    Nov 28 2006 | 9:16 pm
    Hello all, I recently made the transition to a macintel computer and had to leave a couple important pieces of software behind. One of those was the xsample collection by Thomas Grill. I was wondering if anyone knew of an xgroove~like object that did similar crossfading loop playback functions and was also UB?

    • Nov 28 2006 | 10:32 pm
      I recently emailed Thomas Grill about this very thing and he informed me that he will be updating the xgroove~ for universal binary over the next couple of weeks, he just got his new intel macintosh in the post!
    • Nov 28 2006 | 10:33 pm
      Thomas posted a link to UB betas just a couple of days ago. Here's the mail ...
      David
      Hi all, since i got my new Macbook today, here are beta builds of three of my externals. http://grrrr.org/ext/beta/max/osx
      I have not thoroughly tested them, feedback is very welcome.
      On 28 Nov 2006, at 21:16, Nic Zwart wrote:
      > Hello all, I recently made the transition to a macintel computer > and had to leave a couple important pieces of software behind. One > of those was the xsample collection by Thomas Grill. I was > wondering if anyone knew of an xgroove~like object that did similar > crossfading loop playback functions and was also UB? > >
    • Nov 28 2006 | 10:41 pm
      Um, xsample~ ?
      See here: >> >Hi all, >> >since i got my new Macbook today, here are beta builds of three of my >> >externals. >> >http://grrrr.org/ext/beta/max/osx >> > >> >I have not thoroughly tested them, feedback is very welcome. >> > >> >all the best, >> >Thomas >> > >> >-- >> >Thomas Grill >> >http://grrrr.org
      Cheers Roger
    • Nov 28 2006 | 10:53 pm
      great thanks!
      On 11/28/06, Roger Carruthers wrote: > > Um, xsample~ ? > > See here: > > >Hi all, > >since i got my new Macbook today, here are beta builds of three of my > >externals. > >*http://grrrr.org/ext/beta/max/osx > *> > >I have not thoroughly tested them, feedback is very welcome. > > > >all the best, > >Thomas > > > >-- > >Thomas Grill > >*http://grrrr.org > * > > > > Cheers > Roger > > > >
    • Nov 28 2006 | 11:13 pm
      On Nov 28, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Nic Zwart wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knew of an xgroove~like object that did > similar crossfading loop playback functions and was also UB?
      I hate to sound snotty, but maybe you should search the forum before posting questions...
      You missed him by four days.
      ----- Nathan Wolek nw@nathanwolek.com http://www.nathanwolek.com
    • Nov 28 2006 | 11:36 pm
      Sorry, haven't had time to make a proper package... maybe in a couple of days. Right now, download the packaged version from http://grrrr.org/ext/xsample, follow the instructions and replace the external with the one from _http://grrrr.org/ext/beta/max/osx greetings, Thomas
      _
      -- Thomas Grill http://grrrr.org
    • Nov 29 2006 | 8:14 am
      I did actually. I'm using google mail, and maybe the search function isn't the best, but it's the best I could do. Sorry!
      On 11/28/06, Nathan Wolek wrote: > > On Nov 28, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Nic Zwart wrote: > > I was wondering if anyone knew of an xgroove~like object that did > > similar crossfading loop playback functions and was also UB? > > I hate to sound snotty, but maybe you should search the forum before > posting questions... > > https://cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=86403 > > You missed him by four days. > > ----- > Nathan Wolek > nw@nathanwolek.com > http://www.nathanwolek.com > >
    • Nov 29 2006 | 9:18 am
      Btw, if, like me, you just grabbed the beta straight away, you can also get things working by transfering the xsample-objectmappings.txt file from your old machine to the /cycling'74/Init folder, cheers Roger