A NEW SUITE OF EXTRAORDINARY PROCESSORS
AES • New York • October 7, 2005 - Cycling '74, a San Francisco-based music software company, today announced the release of Hipno 1.0, a new suite of over forty effects and instrument VST plug-ins for VST, AU and RTAS host applications. This package features an irresistible mix of granular, spectral, and filter/delay-based plug-ins featuring the unique Hipnoscope user interface. Also included in the package is an amazing set of processors that utilize live video input as a control source, and a new set of modulator plug-ins sure to captivate both the novice and long-time users of Cycling '74's Pluggo and Mode plug-in collections.
Some highlights of the Hipno collection include:
- Morphulescence: a cascaded bank of LFO-modulated morphing filters ready for eruption.
- Vsynth: a plug-in that uses a live video feed as the spectral source for synth inspirations.
- Deluge: a quartet of granular processing engines wrapped into one glittering package.
- Shypht: a pitch-shifting effects system enlivened by pitch quantization, filtering, and feedback looping.
- VcolorTrack and Modulator Vmotion: a pair of modulator plug-ins to morph and control Hipno, Mode, or Pluggo plug-ins using video color or motion tracking.
In addition to the host-sync capabilities and the ability to use Cycling '74's modulator plug-ins for control, many of the Hipno plug-ins offer the unique Hipnoscope interface to create, control, and explore complex preset morphs and interpolations with a flick of the wrist. While immensely satisfying on its own, the Hipno collection also extends the visionary signal processing and instrumental possibilities of the Pluggo and Mode plug-in collections.
Price and Availability
Hipno is now available for a MSRP of $199 from Cycling '74 (https://cycling74.com) and its retail dealers.
About Cycling '74
Cycling '74 creates and distributes Mac OS and Windows software for audio, video, and multimedia innovators. Products include the Max/MSP/Jitter graphical programming environment, the Pluggo collections of Max/MSP-based audio plug-ins, the Radial loop-based composition and performance system, and the interactive algorithmic composition program M. Cycling '74 also releases creative musical and multimedia works through their c74 recording label and audio source libraries for musicians, sound designers and media producers through its Cycles series. https://cycling74.com
Graphics available online at https://cycling74.com/pressimages.
Cycling '74, 379A Clementina Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, 415-974-1818, email@example.com