M185 Step Sequencer
The software M185 Step Sequencer is a MIDI-enabled recreation of RYK’s hardware M185 step sequencer – developed with the input of the sequencer’s creator himself! It reproduces almost all of the features of the hardware version, and adds many new ones as well. The hardware M185 was designed to work with Roland’s classic 100M modular analog synth. This software version now opens up the unique capabilities of this sequencer, with its stage-specific gate modes and clock pulse count, to MIDI-enabled hardware and software synths. It is cross-platform, Mac and Windows.
- Multi-stage step sequencer with stage-selectable gate modes
- Gate modes include Mute, Single, Multi and Hold
- Trill mode available when in Multi mode within a stage
- Polyphonic potential when using long Note Length values
- Each stage can be from 1 to 8 clock pulses in length
- Internal or MIDI clock control
- Built-in clock divide capability
- MIDI output to any hardware or software synth
- VST instrument hosting
- 16 preset slots for instant recall of parameters
- Presets can be saved to and loaded from disk
Check the web site for more info, downloadable demo, videos, etc…
How did this project use Max?
This application was created completely in Max/MSP, version 5.1.7.