Authorization: Max 4.6 (or older)
You can authorize with Challenge/Response or iLok. If you do not own all three products, just skip instructions specific to the product you do not own.
- If you haven’t already installed Max/MSP/Jitter, please do so before proceeding.
- Launch Max/MSP. You’ll see a dialog box asking you to Authorize Max/MSP.
2a. Jitter Owners
— Mac: If Max/MSP is already authorized, then hold down the “Control-Command” keys while starting up the application (not from the dock). Note: If you are still running Jitter 1.5, then throw away the “J-offer-15-osx” (located in the Preferences folder of the Library folder inside your home directory) before starting up the application.
— Windows: If Max/MSP is already authorized, start MaxMSPJitter while holding down “Shift-Control-C”.
- Click the Authorize button.
- UNcheck “use my iLok smart key” and click next.
- You’ll then see a dialog box with a string of short words called a Challenge.
- Copy the Challenge.
- Paste it into the Challenge/Response Authorization Form, fill out the rest of the form, and submit it.
- After processing your authorization, we will e-mail you a new string of short words called a Response.
- Launch Max/MSP again, click Authorize, and enter the Response in the dialog box below the Challenge string. Your software will then be permanently authorized on your hard disk.
- If your computer becomes deauthorized, the same Response may reauthorize it, even if the Challenge has changed. Please keep a record of your Response.
- If you have any problems with your authorization, please contact technical support.
- We will respond to two Challenge/Response requests. If you need additional authorizations, please include an explanation in the Comments field on the Challenge/Response Authorization Form.
- If you only need to authorize a computer temporarily, please use the Comments field to tell us the date you would like it to expire.