Authorization: Max 5
If you own Max 5, you can authorize with an Internet Authorization (instantaneous) or
iLok (24-hour wait).
Internet Authorization Instructions
- If you haven’t already installed the software, please do so by downloading Max 5.
- Launch the Max 5 application.
- Click “Authorize”.
- UNcheck “Use my iLok smart key” and click “Next”.
- Leave “Internet activation” selected and click “Next”.
- Enter the serial number in the prompt of your web browser.
- Click the “Authorize” button and your computer is authorized.
- For Max 6 owners who would like to authorize version 5, please follow these instructions or watch video at left:
- If you get a new computer that you’d like to install this software on, you may do so by following the same steps listed above.
- While Cycling ’74 limits the total number of computers a user can authorize, our single-user license agreement does allow multiple authorizations, as long as the software is only running on one personal computer at a time.
- If you do not have internet access on the machine being authorized, or Internet Activation fails because of connectivity issues with our authorization server, you may attempt Manual Activation instead, and submit your Challenge string to the Challenge/Response Authorization Form
- If you have followed the instructions and still cannot authorize, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
iLok Authorization Instructions
- If you do not own an iLok and would like more information, please visit the iLok website.
- iLok authorization is not available for Student 12-month Max.