Today we're excited to release Max 6.1.
You can download Max 6.1 now to check out these new features:
- Use more than 4GB RAM
- Use high precision 64bit numbers in Max messages
- Load 64bit Audio Unit and VST plugins
Live 9 Support
- New devices
- New Live API features
- Performance and stability improvements
New Gen Features
- Integrated operator reference
- New operators and expression features
- (Beta) Export Gen code to C++ (gen~) or GLSL (jit.gl.pix)
- Faster application launch
- Faster patcher load time
- General optimizations
Complete Max 6.1.0 release notes are available here, and more discussion about what these features represent follows.
64bit application support is a big deal, and given how long Max has been under development in a 32bit world, it was no easy feat.