jit grab iidc
by sdf 2009-2012
Made in Max 5 specifically for the iSight camera, this utility patch gives quick access to some of the IIDC parameters of that camera. The matrix output of jit.qt.grab is connected to a send object for getting the data into other patches. The grab-to-disk patcher from jit.qt.grab.maxhelp is also connected, but is not available from presentation mode.
- Make sure the iSight is connected to the FireWire of the Mac* you’re using before starting Max; it might not matter, but it seems safer that way
- When you click open it might beach-ball for a while, sometimes its quick, but it can take a long time; stay calm and listen for the sound of the iSight coming online;
- there are two bang sources built into this patch: select local42 (you’ll probably want to hack this bit of the patch unless you have a version of sdfsys)
- view mode toggles between camera and mirror
- down the right side of the patch, in presentation mode, are controls for nine iidc parameters: focus, gain, shutter, brightness, saturation, hue, exposure, temperature, edge_enhancement. To use them they must first be switched on. messages to tune whitebalance are also included.
An abstraction patch for initializing the parameters.
* there is no IIDC support for Jitter on Windows (according to jit.qt.grab.maxhelp).