BEAP Analog Model Curriculum Outline
From Cycling '74 Wiki
Revision as of 06:34, 19 June 2013 by ddgcycling74com
- What is the Analog Model?
- Based on modular synthesis techniques.
- Focuses on subtractive synthesis.
- Built off of four primary tools:
- Level Controls
- Why is this Important?
- It is the basis for most modular synth techniques.
- It is also the basis for a lot of synth-based music.
- It provides a useful way to do sound design iteratively.
- It sounds good, too!
- What is necessary for this workshop?
- A laptop with audio capability.
- A pair of headphones.
Oscillators and Tone Generation
Level Control/Gating with a VCA
Filtering with an LPF
Modulating with Envelopes and LFO's
Improving the Sound with Effects
Creating Material with Sequencing
Recording your Output
Based on a workshop given at the Currents New Media Festival in 2013 by Darwin Grosse