Using the jit.xfade object
jit.xfade performs a crossfade between two input matrices using the formula in1 * (1-amt) + in2*amt. A value of 0. essentially passes the left input unaltered and a value of 1. passes the right, however, you can achieve interesting effects by going above and below those values.
- jit.xfade is introduced in Jitter Tutorial 8: Simple Mixing
- jit.xfade is also used in:
jit.xfade Tips and Workarounds
- jit.xfade is also a great way to introduce feedback processes into a patch.
jit.xfade is also featured in a number of jitter example patches.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/render/jit.gl.gridshape-morph.maxpat uses jit.xfade on the float32 geometry output from jit.gl.gridshape to mix between different geometries.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/render/jit.gl.render.xfade-shapes.maxpat and jit.gl.render.xfade-shapes2.maxpat expand on this idea.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/render/path/path.morph.contour.maxpat morphs between contour shapes created using jit.path.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/video/color/jit.xfade-sat+desat.maxpat is a simple and efficient method for saturation/desaturation.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/video/matrix/bline-xfader.maxpat shows how to create an event (bang) based crossfade using the bline object.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/video/op/jit.op-blur.maxpat creates a 4-point blur with feedback using jit.op.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/video/op/jit.op-xfade.maxpat emulates the behavior of jit.xfade using jit.op, however, it does not produce the same behavior as jit.xfade when set below 0. or above 1.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/video/spatial/jit.convolve-blur.maxpat uses jit.xfade feedback to create a convolution based directional blur.
- ./examples/jitter-examples/video/spatial/jit.rota-feedback.maxpat creates video feedback with jit.rota, allowing rotation, offset, scaling, and skew operations.
A gen version of jit.xfade is included for use with jit.pix and jit.gl.pix (xfade.genjit).
Third-Party Max externals similar to the jit.xfade object
People who looked at/used this object also looked at....
The VIZZIE module XFADR is basically jit.xfade in VIZZIE form. The VIZZIE module DELAYR uses jit.xfade to create a frame delay with feedback.
Errors or Clarifications
(please list things that you believe to be errors or omissions from the existing refpage)