Using the number object
The number object will be one of your most heavily utilized objects from beginning to advanced patching in both the editing the UI stage of the patching environment.
number displays, inputs, and outputs integer numbers, as well as several other formats.
- The number object is covered in the Third Max tutorial
- It is also part of the Second lesson in the 20 Objects series.
number Tips and Workarounds
• number has several format options that can be accessed by entering the inspector for the object and looking under the Appearance heading. One of its most useful formats for UI based presentations and midi note implementation is the Midi Note Name. It displays numbers according to their MIDI pitch value, with 60 displayed as C3 or an alternate format with 60 displayed as C4.
• number has three very useful tracking settings accessed via the inspector, that allows control over the way number outputs it's value and the control input from mouse and keyboard.
• Hit the 'I' to add a new number object to your patch.
Third-Party Max externals similar to the number object
People who looked at/used this object also looked at....
Errors or Clarifications
(please list things that you believe to be errors or omissions from the existing refpage)