a continuous sound

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:50pm

a continuous sound

hy everyone
how can I get a continuous sound with “groove~”?
after, i have set the start and the end of the loop, i would like to hear a continuous sound without hearing the beginning and end of the loop.
how can I do
please help me!!!!!
thank’s

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:53pm

do you mean you want the loop to continue repeating?

try sending if the messages (loop1) and (startloop), and you can also check the [grooveduck] object which removes clicking when looping.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:03pm

hy laonikoss thank you very much for your answer but i don’t understand I did not understand very well what you want to say!!
you can explain me better?
thank’s

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:12pm

this might be very helpful: go to Help -> MSP Tutorials -> MSP Tutorial 14: Playback with loops

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:20pm

already done!!!!
and I have not found an answer!!!!

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:11am

are you talking about granular and pfft sound “freezing”?

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:21pm

@Teb

I had guessed OP wanted sample-tail looping a la AKAI. Didn’t make we wanna contribute though :)

Brendan

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:41pm

I’m talking about taking a start and end of loop in a groove~ (a note) and obtain a continuous sound,(the center of the note) without that they ear the start and end of the loop!
I think that this is the work of loopinterp but the loopinterp, to me, does not work!!

please help me!!!

thank’s

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:04pm

Hi
it sounds like you are describing a “freeze” function rather than “loop interpolation” – which are related but raise different questions. First off, look at the helpfile for the [grooveduck] object referred to above. If this does not do what you want, then you are probably looking for a freezing or granular solution.

You’re probably aware that in looping we skip from the end of a sample-buffer selection back to the start of the selection. Where the samples differ there will be discontinuity clicks. With longer loops (say >100ms) you will *always* hear the point of interpolation, unless you do some overlapping:

http://music.arts.uci.edu/dobrian/DAFX99-Dobrian.htm

in much the same way you are overlapping posts on the same subject – there will be an offset delay between copies of replies to each ;p

Granular playback/synthesis (there is a distinction NB) uses much smaller loop sizes (c. 5 ~ 50ms) and multiple copies/overlapping. If you are (like me) a relative newcomer to MaxMSP, then this is not trivial to achieve – it will take a bit of reading and practice. There are however many many examples of excellent granulators out there: Robert Henke, Timo Rozendal’s bloody excellent grainstretch~ external, SugarSynth, Nathan Wolek, N. Sakonda. . . . and Max ships with its own usable granular engine (look in the /examples folder).

Secondly, as previously stated above, you could try pfft-freezing, which can sound very sexy indeed; as a semi-n00b I only know of one:

http://cycling74.com/toolbox/live-spectral-processing-patches-for-expo-74-nyc-2011/

though there are no doubt many more. I could be wrong but has Sam Tarakajian (aka dude837) ventured into the pfft-freeze realm recently? Anyone?

HTH

Brendan

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:12pm

ok thank’s!!
yes maybe you need me is a freezing so now now I’ll try to do so!!!
thank’s

I’ll keep you informed

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:13pm

spectacular the freezing is exactly what he did for me!!
thnk you very much n00b_meister, thank’s Teb geronimo and thank’s laonikoss!!!!
thank’s for yours help!!!

H.S.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.