Beginner Buffer

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:56pm

Beginner Buffer

Hello

I have been using Max Msp on and off for a few years but i am finding it to cause me a small issue. When i record into the buffer playback is fine, but i go to record into it again it begins to lag and stutter, distortion esq.

I am using a M-Audio 410 soundcard and my computer is punchy enough to handle it.

I was wondering whether it is to do with clearing the buffer before recording into it but clearing it to nothing is similar to having the buffer anyway? or maybe not?

This project is for a loop station style project and non of the other posts give many answers, as i don’t want to use additional externals.

Thanks in advnace.

Oli

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:32am

Thank you, i have remapped it and the glitch seems to have gone. However it comes back after about 5minutes use, this reoccurs.

I have researched the soundcard and it could be that. I am now doing some test to see if there are any conflicts with it.

Oli

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:32pm
tq303@talk21.com wrote on Tue, 29 September 2009 11:32
Thank you, i have remapped it and the glitch seems to have gone. However it comes back after about 5minutes use, this reoccurs.

Is your buffer~ that big (> 5 minutes)? You can’t address more than a bit more than 4 minutes something. You would need the hr. objects which you can find at
http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/JoshuaKitClayton

Stefan

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:47pm

can you explain more about this?

i have a project with playback using count~ with index~

it seems after a few minutes or so a strange effect happens, its like a slight bit crushing effect, is this the same limitation?

would i be better using play~ ?

edit – found the readme in the hi res objects

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.