Francisco Colasanto was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1971. Studied composition at Universidad Nacional de Quilmes.
Since 1996 is a very active composer specialized in music technology.
Lives in Mexico since 2006 He was awarded with the following distinctions:
• Cultural Ministry of Spain (2000)
• Fundación Antorchas (2003)
• Cultural Ministry of Spain (2006)
• Harvard University Studio for Electroacoustic Composition (Live Electronic Music Competition 2006)
• Juan Carlos Paz Prize (2004) granted by the "Fondo Nacional de las Artes" Argentina,
• Giga-Hertz award 2009 (ZKM, Karlsruhe)
• Ibermúsicas 2013
He is currently assistant director of the Mexican Centre for Music and Sonic Arts (CMMAS) located in the City of Morelia, México and full time academic at ENES-UNAM.
He composed music for several projects (dance, theatre, installations, movies, commercials). Is the author of the book: “Max/MSP: guía de programación para artistas”