Flowers (a glitchy experiment)
Download the patch This is a project which is son of fortuity. In fact, while I was studying some methods about .obj manipulation and repositioning of cells, I made an error that gave me a very nice and particular result. Technically, I repositioned cells of the matrix (a) with a video signal (b) through "jit.repos" ( I called this passage "pollination" becuase of title of the project and the video content). Then, I randomly brought to 0 the size of the matrix (b) and stopped at the same time the matrix output of the .obj (a) with "jit.matrix @thru 0"; In this way, the final effect was a liquefaction of the obj (a) (combined with an alpha set to 0 of the background) and the creation of a new structure that reminded me some flowers.
P.s. Error can be avoided setting matrix dimensions to 15 instead of 0 but, doing it, the final image never stops.
You can download the patch from my site. Download (67,7 Mb) consist of: - creature.obj; - bees.mov; - Flowers.maxpat.
Download this Tool