KeyLearnKnob is a patch/clip that can be used to quickly map a key(s) to control your patch.
- one click to learn a new key
- button, toggle or increment/decrement modes
- output range 0-127 or 0.0-1.0
- ramp output values over 0-1000ms
- mute button to prevent unwanted output
- automatically saves/loads key mappings when saved in a patch.
- Drop "keyLearnKnobClip.maxpat" into your patch.
- Click "L" to learn a new key.
- Press any printable key.
- If you would like to use increment/decrement mode don't let up the first key; Press another key and it will be mapped to decrement.
- Release the key(s) to finish learning.
- The left outlet sends the value of the knob (dial).
Put the files "learnKnob.js", "keyLearnKnob.maxpat" and "keyLearnKnobClip.maxpat" in a folder max knows about.
- Graphical Explanation