Gen Code Export: VST
Following are the steps for the creation of VST filters with gen~ on both Windows and OSX.
Xcode 4.6 or later for OSX VisualStudio 2010 for Windows Max 6.1 or later
- Download the VST SDK from Steinberg
- Be sure to download the VST Audio Plug-Ins SDK (Version 2.3 and 2.4). VST3+ is not supported by Max.
Building a VST
- Duplicate the provided VST project
- Move the project into the VST SDK folder vstsdk2.4/public.sdk/samples/vst2.x
- Open a gen~ patch to be turned into a plugin
- Send gen~ the exportcode message in order to export the genpatcher as C++ code
- Choose the top-level folder where you new plugin project is located as created in step 1.
- Open the Xcode or VisualStudio project from step 2
- In .cpp, change the plugin descriptors
- Build the project
- Copy the build product to the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder (on OSX)
- Test in Max with the vst~ object