I'm working on a project right now where we have a system jar directory with many many jars in it (we have thinned it down, but check out Nick's post in this other thread for a picture of our classpath when we found this bug: https://cycling74.com/forums/request-max-jar-and-jitter-jar-into-central-maven-repository).
My jar directory had a slightly longer path than Nick's and I was getting a crash any time I tried to instantiate the Max JVM (even using an mxj quickie
). It seems like the way the JVM options are passed that classpaths of more than 4096 characters causes the crash.
Attached is one of my crash logs.