Project: Build a new VL70-m Editor/Librarian/effect manager for the Yamaha Virtual Acoustic Synth module VL70m.
The VL70-m Module is a synth module that allows very expressive sounds using a Breath Controller (eg.Yamaha WX5. BC2/3 etc.).
Status: Beta standalone versions for MAC/WIN32/WIN64 are released and are under test.
– MAC/WIN compatibility – standalone application
– Full remote control, no need to touch the VL70m
– Ability to edit all Voice element parameters, including keyscaling & breakpoints.
– Easy access to Voice Templates (similar to Yamaha Visual Editor)
– Advanced Effect Editor with ability to extract/store/load effects to/from Current Voice)
– Import capabilities of older VL70m libraries (.ALL .LIB)
– Patchman Turbochip compatible
– Backup/restore of the custom, internal voice memory slots
– Color/Theme management (Editor look and feel does change based on instrument type loaded)
– Parent Child dependency manager between the Custom and Internal Variations (Element voice)
– Visual overview of Editor Memory status using a intelligent progress bar
– Advanced Logging tool to facilitate support issues
– Ability to add attributes to Current Voice (Instrument Classification, Author, Remark, Thumbnail)
– Easy access to Yamaha Factory Presets in case your VL70-m has a TurboChip
– Layout of Editor to facilitate a smooth Sound design flow
– VL1 voice library import capability (foundation is ready)
– Manual & Automated Tuning
– Voice Library Management (with ability to rate, comment, classify VL70m voices)
– ability to assign Midi Controllers and Macros to effect parameters etc.
Contact VL70m@imoxplus.net in case you want to stay informed on the progress of this project.
How did this project use Max?
This project makes extensive use of the DICT and COLL objects. A SYSEX engine has been designed to be able to handle the high volume of SYSEX data exchange (a voice for the VL70m consist of >1800 parameters).
The GUI of the tool made standard MAX/MSP features.
No externals are used. All standard out of the box MAX/MSP objects.