Project: Build a new VL70-m Editor/Librarian/effect manager for the Yamaha Virtual Acoustic Synth module VL70m.
The VL70-m Module is a synth module that allows very expressive sounds using a Breath Controller (eg.Yamaha WX5. BC2/3 etc.).
Status: Beta standalone versions for MAC/WIN32/WIN64 are released and are under test.
– MAC/WIN compatibility – standalone application
– Full remote control, no need to touch the VL70m
– Ability to edit all Voice element parameters, including keyscaling & breakpoints.
– Easy access to Voice Templates (similar to Yamaha Visual Editor)
– Advanced Effect Editor with ability to extract/store/load effects to/from Current Voice)
– Import capabilities of older VL70m libraries (.ALL .LIB)
– Patchman Turbochip compatible
– Backup/restore of the custom, internal voice memory slots
– Color/Theme management (Editor look and feel does change based on instrument type loaded)
– Parent Child dependency manager between the Custom and Internal Variations (Element voice)
– Visual overview of Editor Memory status using a intelligent progress bar
– Advanced Logging tool to facilitate support issues
– Ability to add attributes to Current Voice (Instrument Classification, Author, Remark, Thumbnail)
– Easy access to Yamaha Factory Presets in case your VL70-m has a TurboChip
– Layout of Editor to facilitate a smooth Sound design flow
– VL1 voice library import capability (foundation is ready)
– Manual & Automated Tuning
– Voice Library Management (with ability to rate, comment, classify VL70m voices)
– ability to assign Midi Controllers and Macros to effect parameters etc.
Contact VL70m@imoxplus.net in case you want to stay informed on the progress of this project.
This project makes extensive use of the DICT and COLL objects. A SYSEX engine has been designed to be able to handle the high volume of SYSEX data exchange (a voice for the VL70m consist of >1800 parameters).
The GUI of the tool made standard MAX/MSP features.
No externals are used. All standard out of the box MAX/MSP objects.