AnalogKick: Bass Drum Synth
It's written entirely in Max 5 using Max for Live.
- Cycling '74Apr 05 2012 | 1:05 pmAny sounds online we can listen to?
- Peter McCullochApr 06 2012 | 6:32 amYes! Check out the Facebook page in the links section.
- RichardApr 18 2012 | 12:18 pmDoes it work at all?Ok, so I'm a newbie, I have the 30 days demo of MAX, loaded AnalogKick, see the frontend, hit my MIDI keyboard, the circle left of "Amp" lights up orange, but no sound? (I managed to get sound from the examples that came with MAX) Uh?
- Peter McCullochApr 18 2012 | 8:32 pmIt works fine here straight out of the box. Are you opening the project or the file AnalogKick.maxpat? I'd recommend opening the project in case you don't have your Max search path configured correctly.I suspect that you may have audio turned off. Go to (Menubar) Options > Audio Status and make sure that audio is on. (or click the speaker at the very bottom of the patch)
- Peter McCullochApr 18 2012 | 8:33 pmAlso, any messages in the Max window? (go to Window > Max to see error messages)
- RichardApr 20 2012 | 5:59 amI'm opening AnalogKick.maxproj in MAX6, it says Version 1.0; Tried EML-200, there I hear sound, albeit with crashes and MAX stopping working. Highly experimental I'd say.
- Peter McCullochApr 20 2012 | 10:31 amWelcome to the forums, Richard. I'll take that into consideration, thanks, but I've used this, as have (presumably) the 1100 other people who've downloaded the Live device, and this is the first I'm hearing of this (not being able to make sound at all). Yes, it says Version 1.0, because it's the first public version, but that may or may not mean anything about the quality of the software. Similarly, my students used the EML for their projects last semester.Just because it works for other people, doesn't, however, mean that it's working for you. The question really is "how/why is it not working?"; to answer that, I usually start with "what is different?" What's the processor that you're running this on? What's the CPU usage for the patch (available in the Audio Status window) Are you using any unusual configurations, etc.? I'm using Max 6.0.4 on OSX 10.6.8 on a 2.2 Ghz Core Duo. (It's old.) Are there any error messages in the Max window?You're also welcome to try downloading AnalogKick again as I made a couple of changes in the preset code from an earlier version, and you might have better luck with this one (though this shouldn't, as far as I can tell, have produced the problem you were experiencing).As you learn more about Max, I think you'll actually see that the code of AnalogKick is actually not very experimental at all, and it's backwards compatible with Max 5, and probably could be easily ported even to Max 4. I'm happy to help troubleshoot if you can provide more information, but I'm going to take your verdict with a saltshaker otherwise.
- LiamCormacGouldApr 29 2012 | 3:48 amHey peter the link for Analog Kick Max Patch seems to be broken I get a 404 error....was hoping to poke inside to try and synthesise me own drum pa pum pums
- Peter McCullochApr 29 2012 | 5:25 amLink's fixed. I recently switched to Wordpress from Concrete5 so that got lost in the shuffle...
- LiamCormacGouldMay 01 2012 | 6:40 amExcellent will have a poke round inside later on, thanks.
- Fabrizio PoceJul 12 2012 | 7:55 amAn excellent device!
- jbones1000Dec 26 2014 | 5:17 pmfantastic
- mradentzDec 31 2014 | 5:41 pmThanks Peter! Awesome.