Open Source EML-200 modular synthesizer with sequencer
It's written entirely in Max.
- Thomas FredericksJan 28 2012 | 1:23 pmCan it be downloaded?
- slatepipeJan 29 2012 | 9:25 amhi, is there a link to this project so we can have a look at it and use it please? sorry if i haven't seen itthanks
- ankeJan 30 2012 | 6:01 amhi,where can i find this modular synth ?
- Peter McCullochJan 30 2012 | 9:29 pmLink is now fixed.
- Rupert LallyApr 21 2012 | 7:38 amAny chance you'll port this over to M4L at some point?
- Peter McCullochApr 23 2012 | 10:07 amYes, I'd definitely like to. I'd prefer to wait for Max6 for MaxForLive is standard, as I've been able to replace the sequencer with gen~ code which improves the performance quite a bit. IIRC the version here has the old sequencer which, like the analog original, is a series of distributed steps (check out the bpatchers with the knobs in the step sequencer), but it's a thoroughly weird design in Max as it uses feedback, which limits the maximum speed of the sequencer when you use it as an (!) oscillator. (max freq = samplerate / (vectorsize * 24))My main hitch with doing Max4Live is what to do about tempo? I'm guessing that the easiest thing is just to have an auto-sync of sorts that resets the sequence every n measures, though people would also probably want more clearly defined rhythmic steps. You can do it now, but it's not the most obvious way. Rather than a thousand knobs like the original, I'm guessing I might want to use some hybrid of live.step for the sequence controls.Also on my to-do list is to replace some of the oscillators. I'm upsampling saw~ to help with FM, but I'm considering replacing it with something different because saw~ isn't great with FM. (but this is also gen~ territory)The original EML isn't set up for keyboard control at all, but this is probably something people would be interested in, so I might see if there's a way of incorporating that.Any thoughts, questions, etc. are welcome.
- firstname.lastname@example.orgApr 30 2012 | 8:14 amHi Peter, the link seems to be broken again - I'd love to take a look at this
- Peter McCullochApr 30 2012 | 10:14 amThanks for the heads-up. Should be fixed now. I moved the dynamic content over from the old site, but had forgotten about the static content...
- email@example.comApr 30 2012 | 5:53 pmLink works fine now - thanks very much Peter
- ialuna5Oct 07 2014 | 2:38 amHello man,Do you happen to have any instructions as to how does the routing works in this patch. I get confused with the numbers and what is an input and what an output.Thank you! Irving.
- enrico wiltschSep 21 2017 | 11:04 pmHi I'can't find any documentation about the project, maybe is a problem with "old forum version" post or is it removed? Thanks in advance
- Roman ThileniusSep 22 2017 | 12:02 amthe number of projects has hit 1337 today, and now all projects have been reset and we start counting from 1 again.
- Robert KelleherDec 27 2021 | 4:59 pmHello, Is there still a link to this project? If yes, please share! Thank You
- enrico wiltschJan 04 2022 | 1:45 pm+1!!
- Giovanni AllegriJan 08 2022 | 3:19 pm+1
- zangpaJan 18 2022 | 10:42 am+1
- jerry goodwinMar 12 2023 | 11:56 pm........+1