Cycling '74 has recently given us some really nice updates such as the Mira update and the MPE & Blocks implementation. This is my project that implements the updates.
Granurise is a real-time Looper, Sampler and Granular synth which integrates with the outside world trough Ipad Mira, Midi–MPE & OSC.
• Seamless integration with Ipad-Mira
• »Human modulation« automation that follows a last gesture until a new one is recorded
• Edit pitch, volume, pan, eq, density & scrub for each voice
• Different windowing + design your own
• 4 additional loopers
• Advance preset & morphing
• Modular approach
Seaboard Rise integration:
• Transforms the pitch without altering the speed of sound using the FFT transform
• Uses all 5 dimensions
• Slide can also control the position of each voice
• Press can control the selection duration
• Monome Grid
• Monome Arc
• Midi Twister
• Ableton Push
• More to come (Blocks, Lemur…)
- OlegNov 29 2016 | 2:38 pmGreat project. Will it be released as a free or premium tool?
- andrejNov 29 2016 | 4:02 pmThanks for your feedback, the project is still in alpha stage and it will be released. I'm currently in discussing with a company and a institution if they will support it financially in this case it will be most likely free. If I will have to put it out as my own project than the only option for me is to get something from it, since I have spent a lot of time developing it, but it’s not gonna cost much.Anyway if you like to be informed about the project please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will keep you updated.Best, AK
- Katsy PlineNov 29 2016 | 8:12 pmsounds and looks fantastic, great work! looking forward to the release.
- andrejNov 29 2016 | 9:18 pmThanks for your feedback I appreciated that. And I would also like to Thank Cycling for putting this project to their social networks. With all respect. AK
- Sandro GiacomettiNov 29 2016 | 10:45 pmLove it, looking forward for it to be released! Great work Andrej!
- observerNov 30 2016 | 2:55 pmThe sound is all from the granrise or maybe it's processed? Anyway really a great work!
- observerNov 30 2016 | 3:04 pmNow read at the end of the video that the sound is all from granrise, really cool stuff! Maybe there's something like a random filtering going on ?
- D. CowardNov 30 2016 | 6:28 pmVery exciting stuff - looking forward to the release
- drorfeilerNov 30 2016 | 10:38 pmGreat work I would love to have a thing like that
- observerDec 01 2016 | 12:49 amGreat video! It would be great to have a look at the patch!!! It's all done in max/msp?
- andrejDec 01 2016 | 12:52 amTHX, yes it's all done in Max MSP.
- observerDec 02 2016 | 12:02 amCan you explain how you show waveform in mira, maybe with multislider? and how filter section works? it's a highpass? sorry for all the questions but i'm really impressed by your work!
- andrejDec 02 2016 | 9:03 amYes the waveform is displayed with a multislider. In the filter section there is a lowpass filter going on per each voice and this can be (range) randomized so you get sort of morphing filter effect that in conjunction with other controls per voice like pitch, vol, pan... can achieve some interesting sonorities.Don't worry about your questions, it's not a problem and thanks again for the feedback.
- Alessandro Di MaioDec 02 2016 | 5:10 pmWow, impressive work!! I'm really looking forward for the release, congratulations!!!
- andrejDec 02 2016 | 7:54 pmThanks Alessandro I really appreciat that. Best, AK
- andrejDec 02 2016 | 7:56 pmThanks to All I really appreciate your comments. Respect, AK
- observerDec 23 2016 | 3:10 pmHi Andrej nice work again ,can i ask you how you feel in terms of workflow with the blocks?And if it works fine in max for live environment also if you know, Thanks a lot.Obs.
- Interesting PersonDec 26 2016 | 7:08 pmWould be very nice to see it in M4L format as well.
- andrejDec 28 2016 | 8:09 pmObserver: Sorry for the delay, I have been really busy lately. Thanks for your comment. I really like how Blocks integrates in to Max it's kind a simple Mira like integration. I haven't tasted the Blocks Live integration jet, but I will definitely test it shortly.Intrest. Person: I definitely plan a M4L integration and I have already made some test with good results in M4L. To get updates regarding M4L integration please send me an email to email@example.comBest, AK
- andrejJan 10 2017 | 5:14 pm
- mark athertonMay 09 2017 | 2:10 pmgreat video - look forward to the release
- andrejMay 13 2017 | 1:10 amThanks, now I'm in a last stage of defining and testing the patch. So it will be released soon.Best,AK
- Interesting PersonDec 19 2017 | 3:49 pmWould love to see if there's any progress on public version of GranuRise... Thanks
- Robin ParmarDec 20 2017 | 10:32 pmYeah, me too.
- andrejDec 21 2017 | 8:11 amFirst thanks for your interest in the GranuRise project. I'm terribly sorry because is taking it this long. In this year I have been involved in so many project that became hard for me to handle them all. Anyway I have also constantly developed and optimised the GranuRise project and I have added some really nice features. Currently I'm working on the last usability details & tutorials and I'm finishing the M4L integration. So far I'm really satisfied with how the patch is progressing and to be honest, I also can wait to release it and see what others can do with it. Thanks so much for your patience.
- Robin ParmarDec 21 2017 | 2:26 pmAndrej, I know what this is like, as does anyone who has worked on a development project. I recommend early and frequent releases, following the rapid development methodology. For instance, I couldn't care less for M4L or additional features, I just want to see the core. :-)
- andrejDec 21 2017 | 9:32 pmThanks Robin for your understanding and suggestion I will definitely consider it.Forgot to mention in the previous post I will definitely keep you updated.Best, AK
- andrejJun 15 2019 | 3:38 pm
- transfixerOct 22 2019 | 9:06 ami wanted to buy granurise. couldn't, because they say, thay can't check my card. none of the two, i have! i wrote them for some clarification. stil no answer, and it's been a week, since. cool stuff, shitty management, and a big "fuck you!" from a potential user!
- andrejOct 22 2019 | 11:07 amHi Transfixer it looks like your mail ended up for some strange reason in the spam box. Anyway I will contact you directly so that we can solve the problem. Sorry for the trouble.