Leap Motion controller patch
- Phivos-Angelos KolliasNov 23 2020 | 11:41 amhello! Thanx for the project. I am using Leap Motion for some time now and there are different issues with the support. I was trying to connect leap motion in Windows through your patch with Reach but no success. I open reach and seems to be inactive (red indications) but no more help. Any help?
- BejucoNov 23 2020 | 5:30 pmHey! Sorry to hear that. What Leap SDK version are you using? Sometimes the Orion v4 has problems. You can try with the v3.2.1 or the v2.3.1. I don't have my Leap around so I can't check for possible problems of the patch. As soon as I have it I'll try it out.
- Phivos-Angelos KolliasNov 23 2020 | 5:43 pmYes, using the latest Orion as it seems to be way more accurate than the v2.3.1 I was using before. In my case, there is no connection at all so far with the Reach OSC mapping to send it to your patch.
- BejucoNov 23 2020 | 5:56 pmI think it's a Reach problem then. Try removing all the Leap software installed in your PC and re-install. Maybe that could solve the issue.
- Phivos-Angelos KolliasNov 23 2020 | 6:00 pmThanx for the reply. You mean to reinstall an earlier version? Problem is that v 2.3.1 is very inaccurate on tracking. Have you tested 3.2.1?
- BejucoNov 24 2020 | 4:52 pmI've used Reach and the patch with 3.2.1 and it works. What I ment was to wipe out all the Leap software from your PC and re-install it.
- Phivos-Angelos KolliasNov 24 2020 | 8:21 pmThank you Bejuco! I'll give it a try
- pagarretonNov 30 2020 | 9:39 amDoes it work for Mac as well?
- BejucoNov 30 2020 | 2:32 pmNo, sorry. Currently for Windows only. I think for Mac there are other good interfaces.
- Andrew BlackburnJun 04 2022 | 5:27 amHello - re the Leap device and Mac - is there an interface that works in Max8.3.1? I'm having issues trying to get the Leap to work with it. It seemed to work with Max8.2, but sadly no more. Have others experienced this problem. I'm not using Montery, but Big Sur (11.6.6) Thanks for your assistance
- BejucoJun 04 2022 | 5:37 amHello, I haven't worked in this patch for a while. I'll try to update it for Max 8.3. Unfortunately this one is only for Windows.
- BejucoJun 04 2022 | 5:54 amMaybe this: https://cycling74.com/tools/leap-modulation and this: https://github.com/akamatsu/aka.leapmotion could be good places to start for Mac users. A quick search only shows me 2013 to 2016 results, I'm not sure if there is an up to date tool for using the Leap with MacOS :/
- Andrew BlackburnJun 05 2022 | 12:34 amThanks so much Bejuco - I've installed the aka,leapmotion setup and, as I mentioned in my original query, it worked fine in Max8.2. I'll experiment with the leap-modulation patch and see how it works for my current project. (flute and live dsp).
- Andrew BlackburnJun 05 2022 | 12:35 amOne more thing...it would be =brilliant if your Leap controller patch were ported to Mac - it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for :)
- BejucoJun 05 2022 | 4:34 amWe could try and make the MacOS version of Reach or maybe take a look on the Leap API. You could try with Boot Camp? Not the ideal but another option. Good luck with the project :)