Live-Techno Performance 2-17-16
This project is a Max/MSP patch that uses eight buffers for loading a sound file in it or record sound live, and process it, as described above.
- Christoph SchnyderDec 08 2015 | 6:56 amHi ChristoperNice tool!! I'm a bassclarinetist from Switzerland and sometimes into looping. I would love to try your Super-Looper. Is it possible to post it?? Thanks! Christoph
- thelonelymastodronusDec 08 2015 | 11:13 amHi Christopher,This patch looks wonderful. I too would like to try out this patch. Could you share it?
- Christopher JakobiDec 08 2015 | 3:52 pmHi, I am currently abroad for a course until sunday. When I return, I want to improve the patch, as there are some aspects that I am not very satisfied with. If you want, I can send you a „beta-version“ in advance to test it. Once the patch is finished and the documentation is complete, I will also post it here. But this will take some time. @Christoph: Funny coincidence is, that I am at Switzerland (Basel) and just talked yesterday with a bassclainetist about using this patch in a performance together.
- Christopher JakobiDec 18 2015 | 10:14 amThis is an example of a drone created with the Super-Looper and then processed by the Drone-Creator (https://cycling74.com/tools/drone-creator): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P97EpLMrPwk
- deespaceJan 02 2016 | 3:23 amHi Christopher,happy new year 2016 :)very nice looper! when you have time, could you send me a bata-version too, i love it!cheers! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christopher JakobiJan 05 2016 | 1:32 pmHi, happy new year! Yes I can definitely do that. Unfortunately I had little time to work on the patch recently, but now it’s almost done. I’ll hopefully be able to send it to you tomorrow.Best regards, Chris
- drorfeilerJan 06 2016 | 12:36 pmThis looks great. I would love to try it out. all the best for the new year - Dror Feiler email@example.com
- Christopher JakobiJan 18 2016 | 11:35 amThe patch is finished now. Here is a link, where you can listen to a recent performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEkfSngFsxcSo anybody, who wants to test the patch, just leave a comment with your Email address or contact me directly!
- firstname.lastname@example.orgJan 19 2016 | 9:04 amThe patch looks amazing.I would like to try Happy new year cheers email@example.com
- Marco AccardiJan 20 2016 | 2:43 pmhi, i'd like to test the patch :)email me at marcoaccardi89 [at] gmail [dot] comgreetings
- Christopher JakobiJan 21 2016 | 10:16 pmPlease also check out the newly founded studio for experimental music in Berlin! (https://www.facebook.com/ExperimentalstudioMitteNord/?ref=hl) @hdenolly, @MarcoAccardi: You should have just received an Email with the patch and further information on how to use it.
- André RangelJan 21 2016 | 10:35 pmUahau!! Great Christopher! Than you so much for you kindness. It will be a pleasure and fun to test your firstname.lastname@example.org
- seanzshowJan 22 2016 | 1:17 amHi, looks great. Id like to test the patch :)seanzshow[at]hotmail[dot]comCheers
- Christopher JakobiJan 22 2016 | 2:03 am@AndréRangel, @Seanzshow: I sent you the patch, have fun with it!
- Christophe TostainJan 22 2016 | 3:07 pmhello christopher ! i would like to test the patch please : email@example.com thanks a lot for your work Christophe
- calroyJan 22 2016 | 5:07 pmHi Christopher,I'd like to give the Super Looper a spin!Thx! Calroycalroy@earthlink.net
- Christopher JakobiJan 23 2016 | 4:30 pmNew performance online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs-RNUv8HY8@Christophe, @Calroy: You should have just received an Email with the patch.
- Barry MulliganJan 24 2016 | 5:11 amHi Christopher, good work! I would like to give your patch a try, please. Thank you ! Barry barrmull[at]gmail[dot]com
- Christopher JakobiJan 24 2016 | 12:03 pm@Barry: You‘re welcome, have fun with it!
- Tractor BeamJan 27 2016 | 3:06 pmChristopher! Thanks for the hard work - I'd like to try it please.tractor (at) nashwebdesign.com - thanks again!
- andrejkobalJan 29 2016 | 8:09 amHi Christopher, It looks intresting. I would also like to try the patch. Thank You.andrejkobal81(at)gmail.com
- ptrkFeb 05 2016 | 11:21 pmhi christopher,I'd love to take a peek as well: atrickp8 (@) gmailthanks so much for sharing this amazing work!
- ADSX_27Feb 06 2016 | 1:24 amlove to give it a tryweigand12059 at gmail.com
- Eugen LindeFeb 06 2016 | 5:31 pmHello Christopher!I would love to see your patch. eugen.linde95 at gmail.comKeep it up!
- Christopher JakobiFeb 08 2016 | 11:05 pmThanks a lot for all your nice words! Everybody who left his Email address should have now received the patch.- Chris
- ptrkFeb 13 2016 | 10:09 pmHas anyone tried to make a version for the nanoKontrol? I'm chipping away at it but its pretty slow going...
- Christopher JakobiFeb 13 2016 | 10:59 pmHey atrickp, I’m not sure if I got your question right, but I hope, this description will help you. This patch uses 8 loopers at a time, so you will need to be able to switch between 8 banks, sending midi data on channel 1 to 8 respectively. I use a Behringer BCF2000, but I think the Korg Nano Kontrol is similar. Please note, that all global messages like main volume of each looper are sent on midi channel 16. This might seem complicated, but is because I also use a Novation Nocturn controller to have the most important functions like main volume or monitor volume of each looper directly accessible. I will now describe the settings (the way I use it) for channel 1, the other 7 are analog to that. Bank 1: fader 1 would be the volume for looper one, midi channel 16 CC 17 range 0-127. Fader 2 center position of the sample for looper one, channel 1 CC 10 range 0-127. Fader 3 playback speed, channel 1 CC 11 range 0-127. (You can get all details from the midi CC list I sent you, it would be too long to write everything here, so I will just explain how my controller is set up.) Fader 4 would be playback range, fader 5 volume delay, fader 6 feedback delay, fader 7 sample and hold frequency, fader 8 sample and hold volume (channel 16 CC 26). With the 8 encoders it would be encoder 1 for panning left-right, encoder 2 windowing value, encoder 3 windowing fade in, encoder 4 windowing fade out, encoder 5 delay time, encoder 6 eq frequency, encoder 7 eq resonance (q), encoder 8 eq gain. Button 1 start/stop recording, button 2 activate/deactivate reverb, button 3 activate/deactivate eq.So you have to set up about 20 messages for 8 channels to make everything work. It took me hours to do that on my controller, but for me it was worth the pain. I’m currently working on a preset file for the BCF2000. If you want to, you can add more banks to have for example one bank with all 8 main volumes on the 8 faders or to have a separated monitor volume for each channel, if you want to listen to a certain looper via headphones (monitor out would be output 13 and 14 on your sound card unless you change it at the bottom of the patch).I hope, my short manual helped you set up the patch and feel free to ask, if you have any more questions. All the best, Chris
- ptrkFeb 14 2016 | 9:57 pmHey Chris, I might be being a bit lazy, but rather than try to set up 'scenes' on the NanoKontrol (which seems possible) I have been using the really handy Midi Learner and Midi Presets from the 264 class:takes a bit of time, but I think it might end up being a bit more flexible - basically it is easier to switch control assignments on the fly.There is probably an easier way... you know how it goes...Thanks for your help and doing all the hard work that it took to make this thing!
- Christopher JakobiFeb 14 2016 | 11:09 pmI didn’t know about the midi learn function and I also don’t really know how the Nano Kontrol works in detail. Working with the Super-Looper patch, i would definitely suggest using a controller with motorized faders for total recall of the settings. This is really useful, when switching between the 8 banks for the 8 loopers. I really hope you get the Nano Kontrol working with the patch and I would be interested to know, what you can do with the patch.Best regards, Chris
- PaulFeb 15 2016 | 6:53 pmhi chris,can i please get a copy of the patch?cheers Paulpenfolder.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christopher JakobiFeb 16 2016 | 1:31 pmHi Paul,no problem. You should have just received an Email with the patch. Have fun!- Chris
- Christopher JakobiFeb 19 2016 | 12:12 amNew performance online! All sounds are created live with a Sequential Circuits Pro One and a Roland JP-8000 synthesizer fed into the Super-Looper patch.
- Simon MartinezFeb 20 2016 | 10:24 pmHi Christopher,I'd like to try your looper with my trumpet.Thanks!Simonsimonbarrios at hotmail.es
- Christopher JakobiFeb 23 2016 | 11:53 amHi Simon, no problem! You should have just received an email with the patch.
- Alberto MorenoMar 22 2016 | 2:32 pmHi Christopher, your patch is great. It would be nice to have a copy to test email@example.comThanks!
- Christopher JakobiMar 25 2016 | 5:31 pmHi Alberto, thanks a lot! I just sent you the patch via email. - Chris
- Mario De RoseMar 28 2016 | 5:53 pmHi Chris Thanks for your work. Can I get a copy of the patch? Thanks Mario
- James DeanMar 29 2016 | 4:34 amHi Chris,This looks like great work. Could i get a copy of the patch to play with.Best,JDjamespauldean@gmail.com
- Mario De RoseMar 29 2016 | 6:12 amHi Chris Thanks for your work. Can I get a copy of the patch? ThanksSorry, forgot the mail firstname.lastname@example.org Mario
- Christopher JakobiMar 29 2016 | 12:44 pm@JD, @Mario. Sure, no problem. Have fun with it!
- benjamindauerApr 14 2016 | 2:14 pmGreat work. Would love to kick the tires on this. Sounds incredible. Cheers!benjamin.dauer (at) gmail.com
- email@example.comApr 15 2016 | 12:12 pmThis looks great indeed. I would love to try it out. firstname.lastname@example.org
- MellonApr 18 2016 | 11:10 amHello! We would like to try this out. pmellon42(at) gmailthanks!
- Christopher JakobiApr 24 2016 | 7:02 pmI hope, I sent the patch at all email addresses. If not, please let me know! And for everybody, who hasn’t seen it yet, an interview on the Super-Looper has recently been published on cycling74.
- Robert Van Den BergApr 27 2016 | 2:49 pmHey I would really love to try out your looper !email@example.com
- Elizabeth KanaanApr 27 2016 | 4:24 pmHi Christopher ! I would love to test the patch out please : firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks so much for sharing it! Zizi
- theodoreMay 12 2016 | 10:03 pmHi Christopher , i would love to try the patch please : email@example.com The sounds are amazing . thanks so much for sharing .OE
- Hannes KerschbaumerMay 27 2016 | 8:46 pmHi Christopher! I'd love to try your super-looper patch. firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you so much!best regards, H
- sandro mussidaMay 31 2016 | 10:29 pmhi Christopher, interested into your super looper patch, thanks for sharing your work email@example.com best S
- ion12Jun 02 2016 | 12:31 pmHi Christopher, I would also love to try your patch if possible. Looks like great work. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miguel CuradoJun 09 2016 | 4:20 pmHi Christopher,I'd very much like to try your patch, I'll be needing a loop station for live record/loop/play of actor voices. Unfortunately I won't have the time to research as much as I'd need to create my own from scratch so I'd be thrilled to give Super-Looper a try. email@example.comThank you and best regards! Miguel Curado
- walter caraccaJul 16 2016 | 8:36 pmCiao Chris It would be nice to have a copy of the patch, to test it. Thanks Walter firstname.lastname@example.org
- pattycoAug 17 2016 | 10:49 amhello could you share it with me? :) pattyco_222 hotmail com
- ninosgrAug 29 2016 | 10:02 pmHi Chris, if you don mind sending me a copy of the patch it would be much appreciated! Thanks...email@example.com
- razzkazzSep 06 2016 | 5:46 pmHi ChrisNice work, I would like to try it out :) firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks Alan
- Korhan ErelSep 27 2016 | 2:49 amDear Christopher,Thank you for this great patch. Could you please send me a copy of the patch to email@example.comBest, Korhan korhanerel.com
- Josep GarcesOct 07 2016 | 1:44 pmHi! I´m a Saxophonist and Clarinetist studying a Master at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam in Live Electronics, and I would really love to try your loop patch, could I have it?My email is firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you so much!Josep
- piva marcelloOct 21 2016 | 5:33 pmCiao Chris Can I get a copy of the patch? Thanks for your email@example.com
- mario avalloneOct 24 2016 | 5:50 pmHi Chris, im a student of conservatory Your work is very interesting. Can I get a copy of the patch? firstname.lastname@example.orgThanksM
- Gabriel GonzalesOct 25 2016 | 3:12 amChris,Could I please get a copy of your patch? Thank you! email@example.com-Gabe
- elad bardesNov 11 2016 | 10:57 pmHey Christopher, can i try it?best, Elad
- Muhammad Shafie Ahmad SulaimanApr 25 2017 | 7:04 pmHey christopher,could i have a go at the super looper?my email is firstname.lastname@example.org,shafie
- semanticerrorJul 02 2017 | 12:16 pmHi Chris,your work is very interesting.Can I get a copy of the patch?Karl-Heinzmauermann@semantic-error.de
- RaphaelAug 10 2017 | 4:16 pmHello Chris, Very interested by your patch, could you send it to me at email@example.com when you have the time. Regards
- hs6327Sep 07 2017 | 2:28 amHi Christopher, This looks great. Id like to test the patch please.hs6327[at]hotmail[dot]comThanks!
- Jaime BelmonteSep 19 2017 | 9:08 amHi Christopher,I would love to test the patch. Could I have a copy of it? My e-mail address is jbelmontec (at) gmail.com Thanks!Jaime
- Giuseppe SalatinoNov 02 2017 | 6:13 pmDear Christopher, I'm really interested to your looper patch, I will be very glad if you can share it. beppe[at]artcommunication[dot]itthank you....
- andremartinsJan 15 2018 | 12:35 pmhi there Chris, I really would like to try your patch. Do you have a link where we can demo your looper? Thanks a lot, Cheers from Brazil, AM
- andremartinsJan 15 2018 | 12:35 pmbtw, this is my email: firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks!
- Alex GoldbergJun 17 2018 | 3:34 amHi Chris, I would also love to try the patch, if you are still sending it around – email@example.com -- thanks!
- dwerfelmannAug 06 2018 | 6:32 pmHello Chris. Sounds great. Would love to use this patch, if you don't mind sending it. firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you! David
- Hans De WitDec 30 2018 | 8:12 pmHi Chris, would love to test your patch out. H.email@example.comThanks a lotHans
- Jessica LindseyJun 21 2019 | 9:32 pmHello Christopher -- are you still sending out your Sooper-Looper (haha) ... I meanb... Super-Looper patch? I would love to check it out! Best, Jessica jlinds32 [at] uncc [dot] edu
- Leah BlankendaalNov 16 2019 | 12:18 pmHi Chris, amazing patch. Would love to grab a copy if you're still sending it around. leah [dot]blankendaal [at] gmail [dot] com. Thank you so much!
- CompvigaNov 17 2019 | 5:54 amHello Christopher, Checked your Youtube videos too, they are fantastic. I am really interested with Super Looper patch (full version). Is it possible for you to share it? Thanks, my mail is: firstname.lastname@example.orgKind Regards. Aziz
- trent mazurApr 11 2020 | 6:09 pmChris! What a cool patch. Would love a copy if you're still keen on sharing it. email@example.comThanks and hope you're staying safe and creative during these wild times
- Adi ImeriSep 22 2020 | 7:15 amHey Chris. I would love to give your patch a test run. Would you mind sending it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org? Thanks a lot! Let's stay in touch. all the best, Adi
- email@example.comJan 29 2021 | 9:52 pmHello!I would love to take this for a spin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael BulmerSep 05 2021 | 6:03 amHi Chris, I would love to give your looper a go - email@example.com