It's the "pattr steps" object which is causing this problem. If you disconnect it from the input of the multislider, then the 16 bar multislider works as expected. Since the "pattr steps" object is designed to save the current/last saved state of the multisliders (which will be helpful), I'll try to figure how it can be repatched correctly.
Here's the "correct" way to patch the pattr steps object. I figured that it needed to receive the output of the multislider in order to capture the current values of the sliders. Then, of course, one of the outputs needed to be patched to an input of the multislider in order to send the captured/saved state of the multislider back to it so that it can be reset. Now, when I close and reopen the Live set, I can continue from where I left off the last time. Here's what the patcher looks like: