I'm tenuously going public with AntiLoop M. (the M is for markov) Six years worth of blood sweat and rewrites here. Be gentle. I think the video tutorials are kind of necessary to figure it out. Let me know what you think.
1. it is fucking brilliant.
2. musical, inventive, original, cool
3. not that my opinion matters.
4. with some points and caveats (and regards your other recent thread)...
5. personally i recommend you do not give away your work like this, by all means for free, whatever, but you should protect the bejeezus out of it with licenses (no brainer) and copy protection (if you can). someone will steal it. they will not credit you. period.
6. i am struggling to understand why it is a Max application? there is not much max-like / max-needed about it. (altho i can imagine it as a series of useful max patches but without this 'slick' interface you have made).
7. you obviously rock at java - why not just fully write it in java - it would not take you that long to deal with your interface, file i/o and audio/midi. well, sure, interface is a bummer and will take long time, but surely worth it...
8. ...because at the moment it is an awesome prototype with a sucky, slow, tempramental interface that you have tried to shoe-horn into the nightmare that is Max.
9. personally i loathe java and would do the whole thing in c++, but each to their own i guess, and java will be easier for crossplatform supposedly i guess.
1. 2. THANK YOU.
3. Other than you, no one's said anything so your opinion totally matters
5. patents I think…
6. because all I know is max and java… max - dare i say- is better for what I wanted to do interface-wise. Kai Krause continues to be a role model of mine. I wont do software without a decent interface.
7. I could still, conceivably do this.
8. yes… it's all good ideas but pwindow is a nightmare to use as an interface object and LCD has no stroke commands.
9. I wish I knew C. I'm learning it in the fall.