we are very proud to announce that bach 0.7, the first beta version of bach, has just been released and is downloadable on our renewed website www.bachproject.net. We have postponed the date of this release for a long while in order to test it more carefully and complete the documentation, but hey - finally we are here!
Besides a ton of bug fixes and small improvements, thoroughly listed in the "History.txt" file, this version contains a set of major changes, including:
- Linear editing in bach.score
- Full support for MusicXML and MIDI files
- Dedicated inspector for notation elements
- Grace notes and rhythmic trees
- Improved speed and stability
- Constraint programming
- 20+ new objects and abstractions
- A new set of tutorials and video tutorials
- Easy integration of bach objects in standalone applications
As always, if you have any question, feature request or bug report, or if you are just curious to meet and exchange ideas with other bach users, you are more than welcome to join bach's forum, now accessible at forum.bachproject.net.
A couple of technical notes: the Max 5 and Max 6 automatic installers are distributed within one package. You can safely install both versions on your machine: just run the two installers one after another. On the other hand, if you have a previous version of bach installed on your machine, you should remove it completely in order to avoid problems. For detailed information about this, please refer to the "How to uninstall" section of the Readme file.
What else? ... have fun!
- the bach team: Andrea & Daniele