(sorry for the at short notice spam...)
Beginner and Advanced Max/MSP/Jitter Workshops with Pure
Beginner Workshop 4 Days/ Monday June 8th - Thursday June 11th 2009, 12.00-18.00 daily
Advanced Workshop 5 Days/ Monday June 15th - Friday June 19th, 12.00-18.00 daily
Participants who complete the Beginner Workshop can proceed to the Advanced Workshop.
Location: NK / Elsen Str. 52 (2. Hof) 2. Etage
12059 Berlin, DE
Telephone: +49 (0)176 20626386
Course Participation fee: 165 euros Beginners Workshop, 200 euros Advanced Workshop, Participation in both Workshops 350.
Registration is required for this workshop and can only be done via email to: enka_nkATgmxDOTde, www.myspace.com/enka52
* Own Computer (Mac OS X/Win XP) IMPORTANT: with an authorised Max, or a running Demo.
* Basic knowledge in computer based music creation
* If possible bring your own MIDI Controller or MIDI Keyboard
Please register early to ensure a place. Places are limited to 12.
Programming with Max/MSP/Jitter - Beginner workshop 4 Days
Max/MSP/Jitter is a programming language with a graphical interface to connect sound synthesis, sampling, MIDI, video and Open GL 3-D graphics, sensor electronics, network-communication and more. Based on a concept similar to modular synthesizers Max/MSP/Jitter is relatively easy to learn, suitable for small applications (i.e. converting mouse movements into midi messages) and complex combinations of various electronic media (i.e. the computation of a realtime score based on the pulses of the participating musicians. see http://www.heartchamberorchestra.org
The workshop gives an introduction to the concept of Max/MSP/Jitter and shows how to work with sound and visuals:
* Introduction to the concept and user interface of Max
* How to control Max patches with MIDI controllers
* How to control external instruments from Max via MIDI
* How to build a sequencer in Max
* Recording of external sound sources
* How to play and control sounds
* How to build instruments (sampler, synthesizer)
* Possibilities of sound editing: filters, effects, analysis,
* How to use VST Plug-ins (effects and instruments)
* Playing, mixing, recording movies
* Jitter matrices
* Drawing in Jitter
* Color tracking
* 3-D Open GL with Jitter
* How to interconnect sound and visuals
Programming with Max/MSP/Jitter - Advanced workshop 5 Days
For this workshop you should have a general knowledge about how Max works, some experience with patching and problem solving.
Anyone interested in developing a specific project is encouraged to do so.
* Discussing project plans of workshop participants
* Dealing with all topics of the beginners workshop on a more advanced level
* Randomness for artists
* Sequencing in Max
* Advanced interface building (bpatcher, poly~, presentation mode,...)
* Sound analysis
* Lighting control via dmx
* List processing
* Advanced saving with pattrstorage
* Fun with math
* Max programming tricks
* 3rd party object libraries
* Network communication
* Alternative input devices
Teacher: Pure has been using Max/MSP/Jitter since the last ten years as his main tool for music creation. As well as being an experienced Max instructor who has taught in several Universities and Media Labs all over Europe since 2001, he is has also released many albums with such labels Mego, Cronica and Staalplaat.. More info about him can be found athttp://pure.test.at,http://www.myspace.com/pvre,http://www.heartchamberorchestra.org
The workshop will be held in English and German.