Hi Timothy, hope you are well, and thanks for this object! I'm having a strange issue. I'm trying to add a "clean" signal path to a patch with the au~ object. However, even though au~ is not in this path, I'm hearing the signal after it has gone through au~. This is true until I break any connection from the common adc~ object. I've attached a patch to illustrate. Thanks, Michael
@Emmanuel--thanks very much! It's amazing what a difference downloading the correct object makes:) It's working great for me, which is something I've been looking for for a number of years (although, clearly, not too avidly)...
audiounit~ wouldn't work correctly. The help patcher played a steady tone (rather than a pulse). Using sfplay~, it seemed not to process at all. This is with a brand new MBP w/ 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard) installed; I updated to MaxMSP 5.1.5 at the same time. I had used restore from Time Machine backup which imports a lot of old application preferences.
Solution: trash the ~/Library/Preferences/Max5 Preferences Folder. Works great now.
Something annoying with AudioUnit~ is that when an AU plug-in window is frontmost, the key object in Max will not works anymore. The AU plug take all the keystrokes, even if nothing is selected in the plug's window.