BCF2000 interface patches

Christopher Dobrian's icon

Christopher Dobrian

11月 14 2009 | 5:32 午後

Attached is a .zip archive containing a couple of files that are useful in conjunction with the Behringer BCF2000 MIDI/USB controller interface. One is "BCF2000.maxpat", a graphic interface for getting, showing, and sending BCF2000 data, and for emulating the interface if you don't actually have it with you. The other is "BCF2000router.maxpat", which takes care of directing the data from BCF2000.maxpat to named receive objects so that you can easily use the data anywhere else in Max.

Technical details: BCFrouter.maxpat requires BCF2000.maxpat. BCF2000.maxpat requires the small image file BCF2000.jpg. BCF2000.maxpat is hard-coded to work with/as factory preset 1. Both patches are set to open in Presentation mode, but you can easily edit the patches yourself if you don't like the choices I made in designing them.

I hope you find them helpful.

--Chris

stoplaughing's icon

stoplaughing

11月 14 2009 | 6:55 午後

Hey, cool patch. To my understanding the BCF2000 also uses the HUI protocol to communicate with various DAWs ... Any possibility of that kind of expansion ?

kp*'s icon

kp*

11月 18 2009 | 3:40 午後

That is one heck of a sexy patch. Sadly i have the BCR2000 and not the BCF2000... but dang! and thanks for posting that.

cebec's icon

cebec

11月 18 2009 | 4:22 午後

Thank you, this is excellent!

Griotspeak's icon

Griotspeak

11月 19 2009 | 2:25 午前

funny, i wandered over here looking to post my hack of the CNMAT js script for the the BCF and find this delicious morsel.

Griotspeak's icon

Griotspeak

11月 19 2009 | 2:37 午前

Your patch is crazy useful! Not having to have my BCF with me to set certain things up is a godsend.

I think i found a bug. if you start moving a fader and press a button in the middle of the move the button state is sent as though it were the fader. and if you keep pressing the button somewhat rapidly, it will keep doing that.

Christopher Dobrian

11月 21 2009 | 10:19 午後

Thanks for the bug report. Can you clarify, when you're talking about fader moves and button presses, are you referring to actions on the actual interface, or on the virtual (Max patch) interface, or some combination? I'm not able to duplicate the issue myself at the moment ('cause I'm away from my BCF2000, haha), and I'm having trouble conceiving how the problem could occur since the patch is so darn simple. It just takes MIDI in and routes it right back out (and uses it to set the states of the virtual interface objects), and when you click or drag on one of the virtual interface objects it just sends that straight out as MIDI on the channel it has been receiving on (or channel 1 by default). I'm not sayin' you're not correct, just that I can't duplicate it and can't envision how it can happen. --Chris

Griotspeak's icon

Griotspeak

11月 22 2009 | 2:10 午前

the actual buttons (not push encoders) and fadeers on the physical device.

i am using max for live, although i can't see that affecting anything.

so, i tested it again and i had no problem. (i did test it three times before i posted.... :-/)

so, i have no idea.

+1m's icon

+1m

11月 24 2009 | 3:36 午前

Also worth looking at for ideas is the BCF2000 module in the newest version of Jamoma. It pretty much does everything I ever need, including converting everything into OSC.

+1^^

Jamie McDonald's icon

Jamie McDonald

11月 25 2009 | 9:22 午後

is it just me who can't see where to download the attachments. on theold forums it was under the post. Sorry guys if its a newbie question, i'm just getting used to the new forums(which are very snazzy by the way cycling).

stephenpacke's icon

stephenpacke

12月 21 2009 | 2:38 午前

Hi Christopher. This looks interesting as i've just installed max for live and would like to try and create my own patch for interfacing with the bcf.

Any ideas where the attachments have gone or if you could upload a new download link?

Many thanks,
Stephen

Christopher Dobrian

12月 21 2009 | 9:09 午後

I posted those before Cycling switched over to this new forum format. Here is a link that I think should work for finding the files in question.
https://webfiles.uci.edu/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-6604607_1-t_yEeoqWvy
When I get a moment to think about how it could be most useful in Live, I'll make it into a device.

Griotspeak's icon

Griotspeak

3月 29 2010 | 12:20 午前

i think osc-bcf2000 would actually be better suited to use in Max for Live

the nature of midi input and output (you must get it from and give it to live) means that this sort of patch gets less love.

anna.troisi's icon

anna.troisi

2月 09 2011 | 4:43 午後

I'm looking for BCF2000.jpg
Someone of you can help me?!

Christopher Dobrian

8月 13 2011 | 3:19 午後

I think this link *should* work for the two files of the BCF2000 control patches, and I've added in the BCF2000.jpg file (although it should be embedded in the other patches already).
https://webfiles.uci.edu/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-6604607_1
I'm also attaching the .jpg here.

2536.BCF2000.jpg
jpg