Behringer patch problem, HELP Please!


    May 21 2010 | 10:48 am
    I have been using a Behringer BCF2000 patch which someone had kindly already made but I am having problems with sending the data into my part of the patch. I have a number box connected to the route object which is giving me a value when I move the fader on the Behringer but when I try and send that data to a sub-patch I get nothing. What's weirder is that when I use the mouse to change the value in the number box it actually sends the data. Anyone know why its doing this or how I can fix it?
    Thanks

    • May 21 2010 | 12:09 pm
      the [pack] object prepends the controller value with a "set" message - which sets the value without causing output...this may be a necessity elsewhere in the patch (?); i removed the "set" message, and the value now gets to the subpatch, but may cause problems elswhere.
      Brendan
    • May 21 2010 | 12:26 pm
      Thats great, thanks. The only initial problem I can see is that when you move slider one it triggers the buttons but the other sliders don't.
      Thanks again
      B
    • May 21 2010 | 3:39 pm
      Yeah i noticed some flakey functionality, but it may well be my lack of programming skill rather than a faulty patch. I would suggest stripping back the patch and only using that functionality which you need and bin the unnecessary stuff; try using the [ctlin] and [notein] objects for clarity
    • May 23 2010 | 6:52 pm
      I advise: Don't remove the word 'set' from the pack object, because it is needed to make the graphic UI obejcts (the slider objects, etc.) work correctly. Instead, I advise that you either bypass that pack object and get the data straight from the swap object (using your own routing scheme) or use a route set object to strip off the word set.