buffer~ issue - NEED HELP WITHIN 2 HOURS


    Dec 03 2014 | 3:14 pm
    Hi, sorry for the all caps header but this is super urgent:
    I have an issue with buffer~. I get a "cannot open parser for this file" when trying to improt wav or aif files. Strangely enough, the buffer~ in the help file is working. I have also tried specifying the file path in file preferences but that didn't help. What help suggestion I found online didn't help either. I also suddenly have the same issue on my older Macbook, didn't have the issue yesterday and haven't installed or updated anything since.
    I have to play a rehearsal in less than 3 hours and gigs from tomorrow - any quick help is very much appreciated.
    System and Max Version: MacBook Pro, OS 10.9.4 Max 6.1.9

    • Dec 03 2014 | 3:27 pm
      Probably something to do with your files, have you tried the replace message to buffer~ ?
      Attach a file if you can
    • Dec 03 2014 | 3:38 pm
      Thanks for replying, Mike! I have tried replace instead of read, and I've tried many different wav and aif files, all of which I can open in other software. I've also tried format changes on the file I need to load. Any other ideas? Thank you!
    • Dec 03 2014 | 3:41 pm
      i'm too late, but maybe your buffer~ object is currupted ; try deleting it then re-creating it (cmd-z should suffice)
    • Dec 03 2014 | 3:44 pm
      Thanks for replying so quickly, Mike! I have tried replace instead of read, and I've tried many different wav and aif files, all of which I can open in other software. I've also tried format changes on the file I need to load (download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz1pdgolqzu5f9s/Sculpture_dist.wav?dl=0). Any other ideas? Thank you!
    • Dec 03 2014 | 3:46 pm
      VICHUG,
      thanks for the hint! You're not too late. Could you (or anyone) please email me the buffer~ file to tobias@tobiasreber.com so I can replace mine?
      Tobias
    • Dec 03 2014 | 4:00 pm
      Success, but I don't know why...: I managed to make it work by putting the file into a different folder and read-ing it manually instead of automatically with loadmess. No idea why, but as long as I can play tonight I'm fine for the moment. Looking forward how C74 will reply to my help request, hope they have a solution for this.
    • Dec 03 2014 | 4:53 pm
      hey, no, i only meant the [buffer~] instance in your patch, not your actual max .mxo (which, from what you said, should be ok, since it works elsewhere)... so i just mean to erase and re-instantiate it, in your patch... but if it works that's all good ! and i thought it was too late, because i'm not in the same timezone as the forum ;)