I've had a recurring issue with gen strangely killing the framerate of my GL rendering. It pops up every now and then when I add new gen objects to my patch. Very annoying as I have to delete seemingly random gen objects to get my fps back. I sent this over to C74 but they weren't able to reproduce. Can you guys check it out?
'_m_skeleton 92 bug report.maxpat' is the main patch. Activating the big green switch should render some static white points in the window.
The qmetro is set at 70hz but on my machine rendering runs at 40hz. Deleting any one of the subpatches listed below make the fps jump up to 70hz, as if something gets unlocked. Most of these are just sitting idle, not receiving any input. They all contain jit.gen objects. I've seen the same behavior with gen~ objects.
- in skel_abstractor : d_AE and d_length
- in handler : osc : osc_AE
- in physics : phys_AE and jit.gen amp
My machine is a hackintosh running OSX 10.7.4 & Max 6.0.7, i7 2600k CPU, Radeon HD6870 gfx, 8GB 1600mhz RAM. I verified on my genuine MacbookPro (core2duo, radeon x1600 gfx) and the same behavior is there as well. This was happening in max6.0.5 as well.