Hi there from a newbie in this forum...
..and a relatively new user of Max/MSP....(4 months)....
so, excuses for missing obvious things!!
I have a little problem when trying to build a standalone application from a Max patcher I have made.
For a quick view of the patcher - a screenshot is on this webpage;
In this patcher i use pattrstorage to save presets of;
1 - All named objects in the patcher (there is an autopattr in the patcher too).
2 - Sections of the patcher, using the same pattrstorage object with object specifiic messages and sotre location offsets).
My problem arose when I found out that the 'umenu' onject, which I use for naming of presets doesn't pass menu names to pattrstorage....
I have negated this problem on my own machine by implementing a load/store sequence, writing to and reading from text tables.
What I can NOT work out how to do , is;
How to set the file path in a write/read message to a text object so that it will be correct when the patcher is built into an application - I particularly want to avoid the necessity of another user having to load each menu list with a file dialgoue.
If anyone can shed light on this I would be so grateful. I truly have scoured the reference manual and tutorials without success.