Can Max patch tell which Mira tab is in focus?
Feb 04 2014 | 3:39 pm
I know I can set the tab I want in focus from Max, but I would like to know when a user chooses a different tab from my Max patch.
- Feb 04 2014 | 10:52 pmLuke,Unfortunately that's not currently possible. That does sound like a useful feature, though, so we'll be looking at it in the next update.Thanks!-S
- Feb 05 2014 | 8:33 amThanks Sam, it would indeed be very useful to me but I can wait!
- Feb 10 2014 | 12:14 pmThis sounds very useful!Also I have been wishing for a chance to dynamically control which pages are showing up in multiple ipads. So that when multiple ipads and users are controlling the same patch, they would have access only to a certain mira.window of the given patch.
- May 24 2014 | 8:51 pmHello all, I have created an application in Max that uses MIRA to run a study on audible alert sounds in critical care environments. It's the backbone of my Phd. dissertation in Health Informatics. I can readily control the interface and focus on one iPad dynamically via tabs, but it would be very helpful if I could have different tabs open on different iPads that I could control from the application. This would make the application invaluable for ICU simulation environments where the viability of different alert designs could be tested. Any chances that this will happen in the future? Maybe we can control the tab shown on a particular iPad by referencing the iPad itself in the patch? This might require some level of concurrency, but aside from the iOS considerations for networking that MIRA uses, I don't see any reason why Max couldn't do this. I am writing this in hopes that SamTarakajian might weigh in, since I'm not sure if there is a way to contact him directly.
- Sep 05 2015 | 5:51 pmthat would be great, to have a next update with that, cheers
- Sep 06 2015 | 8:12 pmA year and a half since the last update and longstanding confirmed outstanding bugs, not sure what's going on in Mira world :(
- May 10 2016 | 12:10 amIs this feature (the OP's request) done yet? Not nagging here, just that the feature might have been added without me knowing or being able to find out.(But yeah, would be very useful indeed!)
- Feb 21 2017 | 3:49 pmI would like to ask, if the feature is implemented yet? Would be very useful for a project I am working on....
- May 07 2022 | 12:02 pmBUMP!...still very interested in this feature...