error 127

May 22 2006 | 8:27 pm
    Hi I'm having real problems with jitter. I downloaded the demo, and have instructed max to look in all the right places for all the right files, but it is still giving me an error 127 message when I try and use any of the jitter externals.
    (running max 4.5 on windows xp)
    Any ideas?

• May 22 2006 | 8:30 pm
      QuickTime installed?
      jb
    • May 22 2006 | 8:32 pm
      yes
    • May 22 2006 | 8:43 pm
      Just examning the debris patch from the jitter recipes (wish I could get it working it looks sweet btw) and it is telling me all the jitter externals are bogus objects. Don't suppose that would help a diagnostic would it?
    • May 22 2006 | 8:56 pm
      sounds like jitter isnt properly installed...
      do you get a message in your max console like:
      Jitter 1.5.2 installed MXJ System CLASSPATH: /Library/Application Support/Cycling '74/java/lib/jitter.jar /Library/Application Support/Cycling '74/java/lib/jode-1.1.2-pre- embedded.jar /Library/Application Support/Cycling '74/java/lib/max.jar MXJClassloader CLASSPATH: /Library/Application Support/Cycling '74/java/classes/ Jitter Java support installed
      btw, god hates you too - even though he doesnt exist.
    • May 22 2006 | 9:21 pm
      ok, that makes sense. I don't get any message when I start max..
      God is love
    • May 22 2006 | 11:46 pm
      hi all, I have an infrared camera tracking a single visitor at a time in an installation where I project images all around him. for technical reasons, it's easier to place the camera in a corner of the room. my problem is I can't find an elegant way to map the values of the quad which corresponds to the room thru the eye of the camera to the actual position of the visitor. I have the four xys corresponding to the corner of the room and the centroid. the easier solution I have in mind would be to process the image first, mapping it on a jit.gl.nurbs, getting back this image to a jit.matrix with jit.desktop and then make my centroid analysis. I m sure there s a better way....
      any miraculous solution is welcome!
      //yac